Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airblade Inventions

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fura View Post
    one question. How do you use the vertical blades mounted to the "heli"? You just hold space to keep them pushing forward? Or you have some control over it?
    Yep, all control I have over it is by pushing space to speed up forward, which ofc will make my craft to fly up to the max height limit. It's not that big issue as for traveling long distances, it is easiest to fly high above ground anyway, but it would be nice if it would react for forward key as all other "normal build" blades. That means I have to separate the electric connection of vertical blades so I could turn them off, then I can land or maneuver at the same height.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muse about movement control:
    But this is common "problem" of all propulsive blocks in PN - they don't have movement direction based on the cockpit orientation - as it was suggested many times - this way I think that setting up air blades would be easier by +-2/3 - you don't have to deal whith forward/backward settings(totally useless settings anyway imho - I never needed to set any block to "reversed" direction) and all blades would be set to steer to one side by default - so you only have to set up the blades you want to steer in opposite direction and that is usually only half of all your installed blades + you will set up only one parameter(steering) - so you save +-2/3 of work. Also I think less players would get lost in all that arrows, specially when you make mistake and few of the blades are set wrongly, which you usually discover later when flying/driving.

Also - it would be very nice if we can strafe vehicles to the sides, it can be done by setting up the air blades, but then you can't for change turn to the left or right so it's one or the other and the ability to turn always win. To have the key bindings for strafing left and right would help air vehicles a lot , A LOT ;) .

--------------------------

Also I did some early video of my vehicles, including The Big Boy, but after I finished making the video, I discovered that video recording was stopped at the point when the game started loading The Big Boy - it "freeze" the game for +-10s when spawning this massive air base. Also I tried to fly The Fortress for the first time and - it really stress the PC, I have around 5 fps when moving (whith 1-2 fps at max speed), +-15 when stacionary. Also when I turn on lights my fps race down quite a bit, but just turning on all the air blades drops my fps way more.
    So far big builds like this one are not playable whithout making slideshow from the game. JFYI - I play on Intel Core i5-4690K@3.9GHz, Geforce GTX1080 and 8GB RAM at 1920x1080 and max graphic - so if you have slower PC, I wouldn't recommend to build something massive as I build until further performance optimization arrive, even on my PC it's really not fun to play as fps like to drop on very low number.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 18-02-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being able to strafe and switch up/down keys to forward/reverse for vertical airblades will hopefully be implemented soon, but then of course everyone will attempt straferunning by designing something similar like this:
    AriBladeExperiment006.jpg

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you get video of my Air Mining Printer - all you could need for building anything, anywhere.
    This is version 1.2 - the biggest change vs v1.0 is the location where the big "forward air blade" is mounted (the original position).
    I had planned to build next version 2.0, whith even more large containers, but the slim body of original version has some kind of "pleasing look".

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just built a flyer with 4 mining rigs for landing gear. They are linked to several compact boxes that are part of the frame. Added batteries and deuterium generator. Using switchboards to direct power to either 4 large air blades or the mining rigs. Mining rigs feed to the boxes. I just fly it to an ore vein and land it on top. I actually found low concentrations of almost all the minerals not far from my base. I started a thread with a link to screenshots.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did some time ago video tour of my latest air creation - I just throw it here as I dont have time to write my usual wall of text

My screenshots from PN.