Thread: All terrain mobility - sharing ideas

Post Thanks / Like

All terrain mobility - sharing ideas

Just for fun and sharing ideas (patch version 07.09)

Hybrid Hover Car:
    14 linked containers, wheels suspensions set to medium , top speed approx. 34kmh on water, good response to steering, excellent in hilly and broken terrain which was unpassable for any car I had built before, very good climber (steep mountain climbing needs front hover pad turned off).

Small Mobile Water Base: All necessary high level equipment, sufficient space to walk, car parking, max speed 10kmh

I would be happy if other nomads share their ideas here too:-)
    Topics:
    Light and easy to drive all terrain vehicles with sufficient storage space (min 10 containers)
    and
    Small and easy to handle mobile water bases (complete equipment)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about this but i think dropping the hoverpads of your floating base underwater should increase the top speed :-)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    I have goe for a slightly larger and heavier exploration vehicle able to take a stasis chamber, medium printer, refinery etc. plus as much storage as you will need. It's pretty quick unladen both on water and on land....just slow down for the turns.....

I call it the PuddleDUKW in honour of the WW2 amphibian I was trying to recreate.

Post Thanks / Like
    One reason to NOT have the hover pads too low.

When you are driving on land, you absolutely don't want the hoverpads at a point where they are acting on the ground. They reduce the ground pressure, which reduces steering authority and traction. You want to have the things only come into operation on water, or in the case of my PuddleDUKW, acting as a buffer if you hit a steep slope to push the nose up.

That buggy up the top would probably be undriveable on land if you dropped the hover pads down

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn`t talking about the buggy, i was talking about the mobile floating base ;-)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh...got you now Probably.

I have found with heavier vehicles it does help...but with lighter ones...not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is where the new power system will be very handy. To be able to turn off hover pads while driving, then turn off wheels when floating... Power savings if nothing else!