Thread: Questions / Suggestion About Upcoming Control Terminal

Post Thanks / Like

Questions / Suggestion About Upcoming Control Terminal

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if the upcoming control terminal would be enable the user to switch multiple items or groups of items at once?
    For instance switch all 30 hoverpads (or in BCP's case 280) on a vehicle from grounded to hover.

The image I saw on Trello looks like each would have to be switched individually, which done in a single menu itself is an improvement.
    Being able to change all setting in a group, or all setting for all of one device would be awesome.

Perhaps using GROUP:ITEM naming convention where all right hoverpads or wheels can have direction changed by changing the group direction.

Regards,
    Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    group settings would be a real boon. If you have a rover with more than 1 reactor and you want to park it.... or if you have 6 lights on the front....

Just about everything you could want to switch off/on you would want to be able to group and switch either in a selected group, or by type across a whole base/vehicle.

If I know I am going to be away for a while, I like to switch stuff off to save power and fuel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very much agreed that a way to link or group items together would be incredibly useful. Even a general hierarchy type of organization could be made to work, but a linear hierarchy can often limit your options (like if you need to toggle one item within 2 different groups).

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on this. I hope the new terminal is just a start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nomads,

Now that I have used the control terminal console for a while, I have some additional questions / suggestions for you to consider....

1) Sorting / Filtering (again sorry) if not in the main terminal console screen, could we perhaps get a tabbed window like the datapad?
    Perhaps tabs with tabs for.....
    a) energy generators
    b) drive components (wheels, pads, blades)
    c) manufacturing
    d) building
    e) misc (beacons, cockpits, lights, stasis)
    f) storage containers

2) Beacons and Solar Beacons.
    Sometimes our terminal is placed within a structure or we are facing away from the map markers when beacons are activated. If we could see the color of the beacon in the actual terminal display instead of the existing (rgb) icon, ( or change the color of the icon as it is switched in the terminal) would be helpful.

Also, if we could see the current letter designation as we change it in the terminal instead of the default (a,b,c) icon, it would also be helpful.

Regards,
    Sam

Kickstarter Hologram Nomad Zombie Hugger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really looking forward to control terminal organization or filtering. I would use it more often, but find that it is too tedious to look over the fat mix of components and sometimes missing some.

Great tool, just needs a little bit of polish.
    Why hug a tree when you can hug a zombie?