Thread: Vehicle Light Modes

Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle Light Modes

I'd love to see the capability of setting some light modes for vehicles. I know sometimes lighting effects can be fun to deal with in game engines (and by "fun" I mean "like having a tooth pulled without being numbed first"), but still... Here's my dream:

A "C" menu for lighting, letting you choose the following:
    • Beam mode
      • Flood light (very wide angle / area coverage, short range)
      • Standard light (mid range, mid angle, similar to current lighting now)
      • Spot light (very focused with small divergence angle, long range)

• Intensity
      • General amount of light emitted (low, medium, high)

• Auto/Manual mode
      • Always on (Manual)
      • Power on when surrounding area darkens (night time or underwater, for example)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add one thing:

Changing the color :-)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    I have wanted this for our helmet lights, but as upgrades.
    Also if possible UV lights that let us see stuff normally invisible, would be fantastic!

PN has great bio-luminescent lighting, and lighting could become great feature that attracts players and set PN even further apart from other space survival games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwon View Post
    Let me add one thing:

Ah yes, that would be a great addition! Similar color toggle to how the beacons are done would work perfectly well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of changing lights color!

On a similar note, it would be nice if compass markers A, B, C, became A, B, C,

P.S. I have F.lux on my PC that turns my screens amber at night.
    And I’m thinking it would cool if in game sun light turn sun-set colors when it was setting in game.
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 03-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    Ah yes, that would be a great addition! Similar color toggle to how the beacons are done would work perfectly well.
    Toggeling would be good :-)

Thinking about red backlights or even blinking lights for the wings of future planes :-)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    Toggeling would be good :-)

Thinking about red backlights or even blinking lights for the wings of future planes :-)
    Between you and Casual Viking, it's got me thinking about all kinds of interesting things you can do with lights. Like maybe certain colors that don't register on more aggressive wildlife (if we get that later), the UV lighting that Casual Viking suggested... Lots of fun possibilities that could be incorporated into the environment to make some interesting features and effects to flesh out survival and gameplay down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Part of me hopes if they add color lighting, it would use the RBG system. But I also would enjoy hunting for color crystals to get colors.
    And later on they could add effect blocks, like color smoke, tesla lightning and motion detection like powered doors have.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add one thing:

This for sure, but the other like different angles and range would be nice too.

One thing though .. adding colored light should be pretty easy to code imho, but the main thing is that curret ingame menu for controling blocks is not built for any advanced stuff. I like the radial menu, but fact is I imagine that it became, in time, just tool for quick tuning when you need to set some basic parameters while you are next to it.
    I know that the terminal will be here in no time, but it still isnt tool for advanced control over objects (and ofc mass control of objects in groups), at least from curret info it is just "radial menus together".

So - radial menu for quick setup and terminal for advanced stuff, where you could pick light color at least in RGB, set on and off timers for blinking effects ... etc, because this options you will never press into the small radial menu while it would remain synoptical.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.