Thread: Seeds ....

Post Thanks / Like

Seeds ....

Are there any plans to make them plantable?

Would love to be able to plant some seeds and grow my own fruitage plants rather than just rely on the greenhouse to to turn seeds into fruitage.

Planting trees would be nice too. After I deforest areas for organic materials, I would like to be able to regrow trees. Couldn;t say if they respawn at the moment ... but would like to do a bit of farming in between. My current base has been planted next to some Xenotaurs, which I am farming for meat

I will put a fence around the area soon, to stop them wandering too far

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of planting seeds I would like there to be plants that we can move.
    I tried to transplant plants via building a planter around the base, but we can’t move dirt. Plants (and crystals) can be move after the dirt is removed from the base, but vanish when you sleep/logoff.
    It would be a lot more challenging having to find, move, and place plants over planting seeds.

As I set here in RL drinking some cold brewed green tea and snacking on nuts, I can’t help but think we should be able to eats seeds via making nut bars, and drink herb-tea.

Players have been asking for a way to fill in hole, so maybe there could be a dirt block and a dirt block with seed. And instead of finishing it by adding plating, we finish it and it becomes part of the terrain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be all for a "transplant plot" block or something like that, which you could transfer a plant into for moving and replanting somewhere else. And even the option of just keeping it in the block maybe, allowing us to place it wherever we want decoratively as well?

[edit] And I forgot to add, I totally agree that there could be other food uses for the seeds. However, the volume of seeds needs to be ramped up, I would think. There's been several suggestions along the lines of greenhouses producing seeds as well as the standard herbs and fruits (which is how normal farming is done), to help reduce the seed gathering grind as you progress in the game. Right now, there's far too much wild seed hunting and harvesting needed to make using them for anything but basic planting attractive.
    Last edited by Vrmithrax; 26-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see the greenhouses more as production blocks. Making useful plant based stuff, rather than growing wild plants.

Growing fruit bearing plants would be cool and would help decorate the area around your base....as would the ability to grow random trees from seeds. This would allow you to replenish a small amount of the woodland you might have decimated for bio paste to run that bio reactor early game before you found any uranium. Yes...it would supply a small amount of resource ... .but it would also go some way towards decorating bases .... especially if you add in the idea of a plant pot block.