Thread: Where am I indicator! Latitude/longitude on HUD

Post Thanks / Like

Where am I indicator! Latitude/longitude on HUD

Having tried a 'round the world' expedition, which seems to have ended up in the fine British tradition of Scott marooned in the snowy southern polar region, lost, running out of food and most decidedly trapped ..... I noticed in Steam that I had been awarded the Polar Explorer achievement.

At some point, my rambling attempts at getting to dry land so I could orientate myself and finding everywhere too steep to get where I wanted to go....had allowed me to pass the south pole. No message flashed up that I could see, and my compass heading still shows 'S' ....

What I would love.....would be my HUD to show latitude and longitude. Definitely latitude.

That way I would know where the equator was, and where the poles were.

Currently I am trying to use the beacon location and a compass heading....but the beacon info is hard to read as it merges with other things the further away you get, but it still shows just.

Some people might think this a 'cheat' that makes the game easier .... but 9th century navigators could use a sextant to navigate with a fair degree of accuracy. Armed with a few simple tools...a knowledge of 'north' and 'south' and a protractor and a plumb line....you can take a reading.

We can build nuclear power plants....

Perhaps tie it in to a block ....navigational plotter...

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll get more powerful tool: Planetary map

Post Thanks / Like
    I have recently places markers at both poles, so I know it is possible. (I do wish we had S and N marker letters.) I know the planetary map is coming I just wanted to do the challenge of placing before we get the map.

and FYI: the poles are 20k away from each other, and when you’re on the equator you should be 14k from each of them.

I’m on my way to the equator and I’m 13k from the North Pole, and 16k from the South Pole now. I came across a large grand cannon biome that my vehicle could not handle, so a headed east to go around it. so I have been my own 'round the world' expedition and have seen some cool biomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to spend more time reading that page ....

I really like the fact that they DO have a roadmap and an easy to follow list of what is being worked on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same experience here just a few days ago (including trapped by mountains).
    Im realy looking forward to the Map =)