Thread: All at Sea

Post Thanks / Like

All at Sea

OK...I wondered why the devs were making floating bases blocks and hovercraft ...and now I know why. I have just found the BIGGEST damn ocean I have encountered since I started playing ther game.

I don;t know if the water levels have been tweaked, but the sea is very deep, and I have been literally driving across the opcean floor for about half an hour ( real time) stopping at a few islands...and now I want more

I want boats!...I want submarines! ... and I want fish

I had found a few lakes before...but this is somethinbg I have not encountered before. Got to love it when a sandbox game throws something you do not expect, and you end up going ..WOW.

Post Thanks / Like
    :-)

In the november update, water-level will become adjustable (is that an english word?)
    Then, you can create worlds with a lot of huge seas :-)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an English word. And a good one at that.

Looking forward to having some control over the seed for the worlds, but am equally happy with the fact that the game can throw a world at me that was not expected. Gives much replayability over other games ...like Space Engineers ( my other favourite sandbox space game ) where the planets are pre-designed and never vary. They use a greyscale heightmap for contours and a fixed texture 'template' to design features. They do not have 'water' or a water layer. It's a space focused game.

Planet Nomads is a planet focused game, and needs to have a variety in the world and unexpected terrain. Being able to control the water level would dictate the amount of land and the ratio of water....but I really hope the game also makes more use of the water with vehicles tailored to water travel as well as hovercraft.

Mind you....now I know how much water I have to play with....I might have to make a hovercraft to go explore the islands I have gone past. One had decent Xaenite deposits