Thread: Extreme survival challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Extreme survival challenge

I set my self the challenge to play the game without base building, vehicle building or to use of the stasis chamber.
    I survived and succeeded to upgrade my suit and guns to the max

Because of this i had not unlocked a number of blocks, during my approximate 16K walk these blocks came unlocked by themselves
    I didn't get the achievments: "Just Strutting along", "Bob Miner", "Marathon Bull", "Star Watcher".

In a another challenge i wanted to build a base at the center of the polar region and thrive there.

I made my way to the north pole and acounterd these kind of big steep mountains 4 times.

And at the north pole i found this.

I had to use my jetpack to get to the center of the mountain which was my north pole, the distance to my vehicle was 500 meters but because of the mountains it probably was 1,5K. Because of this formation i couldn't build here, so i went to the south pole.

I again succeeded and i'm still building, 20th floor and going up.
    But i didn't get the achievments: "Hobbyist Thinker", "Shelter Designer", "Getting a Driving License", "Laying the Foundation","Sleep Well", "Melting Pot", "MasterCrafter", Equally Important", "Five Times the Death Star", Äddicted Builder and Survivor".

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice challenge creation. And thanks for reporting the bugged achievements along.

So, we found out the building achievements unlocked because blocks from wrecks that you come across count towards that achievement... and they also unlock the tech tree.. not working exactly as intended, so thanks for pointing that out.

The others are a mystery for now.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, Nice survival challenge!
    In my current game I challenge myself by attacking a nest at the start and respawning in a biome with not much iron or carbon. (That was not easy, but fun.)
    I only built enough to unlock the blocks and load my landing-pod onto a vehicle and get supplied with FAD and fuel.
    I then wiped the camp and headed to the South Pole with my landing pod and leaving no markers or any man-made objects behind.
    I passed the equator and thanks to hover-pads being added just in time, I’m in the middle of an ocean on an island to resupply and upgrade my vehicle.
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 18-10-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    WOW, Nice survival challenge!
    In my current game I challenge myself by attacking a nest at the start and respawning in a biome with not much iron or carbon. (That was not easy, but fun.)
    I only built enough to unlock the blocks and load my landing-pod onto a vehicle and get supplied with FAD and fuel.
    I then wiped the camp and headed to the South Pole with my landing pod and leaving no markers or any man-made objects behind.
    I passed the equator and thanks to hover-pads being added just in time, I’m in the middle of an ocean on an island to resupply and upgrade my vehicle.
    HINT: you can dismantle/deconstruct your landing-pod.