Thread: [Acknowledged][MEDIUM PRIORITY] Base Disappears When Removing Floating Soil

Post Thanks / Like

[Acknowledged][MEDIUM PRIORITY] Base Disappears When Removing Floating Soil

Game Version: 0.7.6
    Description: Entire base disappears when removing floating soil.
    Repeat: Every Time

1) Load last auto save "Abraxis".
    2) Remove foundation blocks beneath container directly above me.
    3) Remove small piece of soil hovering where foundation block was removed.
    4) Base gone, player left in crater.

Log and Save files: https://mega.nz/#!Qro11a6Q!xqRxAVBRr...vByCXsFTj3lBl8

Post Thanks / Like
    Same happened to me but I was simply walking on my brigde which unite 2 mountains... suddendly the bridge is gone, I'm falling and also the base is gone... I think I will not play for a while since it took me days to build all the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey warpengine,

I feel your pain.
    I have seen other reports of large structures disappearing. I have read that there is a workaround to that by leaving a gap in the structure.
    I don't think my base was larger than the 400 units or so that I remember it taking.

Fortunately I could just revert to the last auto save and continue from there.
    Needless to say I did a manual save just for good measure, and I left that piece of soil alone when I finished rebuilding my base.

Post Thanks / Like
    hay guys I understand your pain.
    I was talking to developer about this and they said every 500meters the game mesh reloads this is what he said.
    "the dissappearing buildings longer than 500m are due to technical limitations. The trick to do is not to build them over 500m long. So basically you should divide the road after every 450m - in other words it will not be a one building, but two. However, you can align the new building in a way that it looks like a single building (the trick with remove a block from the structure and build it back)."

If this does not help and you need visual aid let me know and I can do a tutorial about this on my youtube channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    What bladefire says for the missing long structure is true and that's currently the only solution to that technical limitation.

Agamemnon's problems seems to be connected with something else though... when you build a base on the terrain and then remove its connection with the terrain, it will become, well a vehicle... so what normally happens the base falls on the ground or can slide if on a slope... but it might also pop to space due to the collisions being too much. We'll see when we try your save.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    After checking the save it shows a lot of errors, so we have something to work with. However, considering the base, it still is most likely it flew of to space due to massive collisions.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Agamemnon,

According to your description, it might be a case of this bug: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...ings-disappear
    In your case - do you remember if soil you removed looked like the last part of a terrain chunk? If so, it should be fixed in next release, which should be released this thursday or friday. It will not return your lost base, but should prevent from losing next one.