Thread: More complex steering options

Post Thanks / Like

More complex steering options

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask if there are any plans to make more complex steering possible. The background:

Since the first ride of my hovercraft i felt there was missing something. I figured out what it is: The possibility to drift sideways.
    The hoverpads on my vehicle are designed to turn when pressing A or D. But sometimes i would just love to drift sideways pressing these buttons.
    So my question is: What about some more complex steering options?
    For example include the mouse: Moving the Mouse left/right would trigger the first steering option, pressing A or D the second one.

I think by time something like this will be crucial because when adding real flying vehicles, WASD won`t be enough anymore. Flying Vehicles have to turn up/down, left/right, forward/backward and even do a barrel roll left/right

Cheers
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking last night how much I would like a left/right "strafe" movement option for my hovercraft as well. I could see a "mouse fly" mode being useful with WASD being actual straight directional vectors forward/backward/left/right, but it would require a reworking of the current camera system. To be honest, I would be OK with that, the camera system needs to be revamped anyhow, 3rd person view can be downright horrible when in anything but a tiny rover. Still, I don't want to lose the ability to easily look around in free camera mode while driving, so it would take some contemplation on the best way to configure a system that handles transitioning between moving and viewing properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see the current arrows replaced by a compass, with North, South, East, and West being replaced with WSAD. I think players will find easier to understand.

I don’t see a need for drifting, but having a boost control would be nice and could be used for drifting. via boosting pads on one side.
    So to the compass there could be a boost control, L for left mouse-button, and R for right mouse-button.
    WSAD.jpg

And for when high flying vehicle get added, the center mouse wheel would make for a good way to adjust elevation.