Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ore Vein Depletion?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ore Vein Depletion?

    I am asking because I built an auto miner in the desert to mine xaenite and store in a large container.
    When I left the miner showed 100% chance xaenite and nothing else.
    I returned a couple days later IRL and the container was about 1/4 full including some more common minerals.
    I checked the autominer and it showed a 40% chance xaenite and 60% chance dirt.
    I have about a dozen other miners running and the ore percentages have not changed.
    What gives..


    Does vein depletion happen / Is it supposed to happen ?

  2. #2
    Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have not noticed depletion when using the autominer but I didn't have one running for several days meatspace time. It would make sense though, because autominer looks like it's giving unlimited resources.
    100% linux gaming

  3. #3
    Member Vrmithrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had this issue once, and thought it was odd. I had 2 auto-miners set up side by side on the same vein of gold and uranium, on a conveyor run to some static storage nearby. Both were at max mining output (50% of each) and chugging away. The next time I checked them, one was at a much lower mining efficiency.

    It seemed to be a position thing, like when I left the area and came back (or maybe after a reload) the miner had somehow shifted slightly and was not quite in the sweet spot. Re-positioning the miner, got it back up to high production, and it didn't shift again on me. The only time that has ever happened, but I wonder if it could be what you experienced?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    It gets weird, I just returned there this morning. removed the ores from the large container, iron, carbon, silicon, gold, uranium, titanium, silver, aluminum, cobalt, and xaenite stacks in the container. ( all generated from 40% xaenite 60% dirt ratio). Dats some good dirt...

    The two bio generators were out of fuel and I figured as long as the mine is producing uranium, I would build a UG and refinery so it will self power.
    Deconstructed the bio gens that were connected via "T" to the storage container and replaced it with a UG, Threw in a couple of rods and looked at the auto miner and it is back to 100% xaenite.

    I never moved the auto miner either time.

    Went prospecting about 10m away and found another xaenite deposit. dropped another miner and it too showed 100% xaenite.

    I either I missed my calling as a prospector, or the possibly ore percentages might not be calculating correctly.

    I'll come back in a day or so and see if anything has changed.

    Regards.

  5. #5
    Kickstarter Wreck Nomad
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hm, I think, that veins can be depletioned, because My first autominer was placed in start location crater. First time extraction of carbon and iron was ~40 - 50%, after some time it stay 1%, and also, "iron" texture around autominer replaced on the rock and dirt.
    If I right - this is awesome feature, because I deslike "unlimited resources" without physical digging. It's nice compromise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •