Thread: Wheels freely rotate when disabled

Post Thanks / Like

Wheels freely rotate when disabled

Just putting this suggestion in since I was fighting with it earlier...

Can we have wheels put into a "neutral" state when physically powered off using the "C" function? They default to "on" now, which is great, but that also means that the parking brake is fully active at all times if a cockpit is not attached and a player is not driving. To me, this severely limits where and how the wheels could be used for some handy options (like towing vehicles, trailers, etc.)

I suppose it doesn't even need to be tied to the on/off state. It could be a 3rd option for the transmission settings: S=Speed, T=Torque, N=Neutral

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked about this with Pavel some time ago, though it would be possible (and useful for sure), it needs more time than it seems, and Pavel is on the new electric system currently. Having it on the list of nice-to-have.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Just talking about this in another suggestion, thought I'd bump it now that the new electrical system is in place.

Any chance we can get wheels that aren't locked up? The choice of toggling a neutral mode would be ideal, but I'd even settle for a simple logical compromise: If the wheel isn't wired to anything, it should not have active braking.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vrmithrax,

it is still on nice-to-have list because it`s a little bit tricky. But will see what I can do, your idea could work

Pavel

Post Thanks / Like
    +1
    cool, would be nice in combination with the "vehicle fasting block" and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Maybe, in addition to Speed and Torque, we could get an Idle setting (that reduces power consumption to a nominal 5W) ...?