Thread: Post-Kickstarter Crowd Funding

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Post-Kickstarter Crowd Funding

You have a few options already, but you could add in things that are similar to the options that were available in the Kickstarter. Specifically, I am thinking of something like Wreck Designer, or it could be something new.

Obviously, for the higher levels, it would be nice if there were upgrade versions from the Kickstarter levels. So a Steam Early-Access from Kickstarter could upgrade to Early Alpha Access for just an upgrade price (the difference in price), or to the Builder level or Wreck Designer level.

I'm asking because after a month or so, I would be able to upgrade to a higher level than I am now, if there was something to which I could upgrade. Right now, that would be something like Wreck Designer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps not even a bad idea

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could pledge more to upgrade if it looked ok.

Preorder Collector Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to agree with this idea. I wasn't able to back on kickstarter because of my card. It just wouldn't work. So I had to back the project using paypal on the main website but I wasn't able to back the project with the reward that I wanted to get on Kickstarter.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to have this option available too. I was a little short on cash during the kickstarter drive and would love the chance to upgrade to a higher level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I too would like to upgrade to the next tier. Is there a way to do it?

Best, Club

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that would be cool because that way I can get to play the game over the Summer!

Kickstarter Early Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    For certain, it'd be very nice if we could 'upgrade' as we got the money. Well, at least for alpha access. I can foresee all kinds of difficulties with having to integrate people's designs or making additional physical rewards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscerator View Post
    For certain, it'd be very nice if we could 'upgrade' as we got the money. Well, at least for alpha access. I can foresee all kinds of difficulties with having to integrate people's designs or making additional physical rewards.
    Right. I think they would just create new upgrade paths. Something like Early Alpha and Wreck Designer would be obvious upgrades.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have money to spend xD I would like to help the devs but im only a college student

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too was broke.

I'd like to upgrade to alpha access, and maybe the extra blocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sure is good to see you wanting upgrades. Let me get back to you on these. I'm positive we can do alpha upgrades, but I'll will talk with Martin about the other options once he's in the office next week and see what we can do.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for looking into it.
    Always looking for hidden locations and ways to build

See my builds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zv_ap4HysL3HIl

Post Thanks / Like

Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post
    It sure is good to see you wanting upgrades. Let me get back to you on these. I'm positive we can do alpha upgrades, but I'll will talk with Martin about the other options once he's in the office next week and see what we can do.
    So, can we upgrade?
    Can we get the extra blocks?
    Etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a yes! Martin showed me around our reward system and I can manually upgrade you guys to the tier you'd like to have. The only requirement is for you to have PayPal to be able to send the money difference. I'd rather not post our PayPal address publicly so anyone wanting to upgrade, please reach me at daniel (at) planet-nomads.com and we can work it out step by step. (Preferably from your KS/forum e-mail so I can check your current level right away, and make sure I move the right pledge up, but we can work different e-mails out together.)
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Email sent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course the name felt familiar! Replied with instructions.
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I just recently have supported your projects by paypal - however I didnt receive any closed alpha key or anything yet.
    I understand that you get access to an alpha or pre-beta version right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Hi

I just recently have supported your projects by paypal - however I didnt receive any closed alpha key or anything yet.
    Yes, you will get it, but you have to wait a little longer. The Alpha has not been released yet, it will come the 3rd quarter of this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Hi

Hi, couldn't find any order under your forum e-mail, do you use another for PayPal? If so please PM me, or send an e-mail and I will have a look at your order/make sure everything is a-OK. Thanks!

Alpha access coming next month
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know if you can say this public. but how much is it to upgrade from early access to alpha?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate-xt View Post
    i dont know if you can say this public. but how much is it to upgrade from early access to alpha?
    Shoot Daniel an e-mail. It's fine to say but I cant confirm how much the upgrade would be

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the $20 USD difference for upgrades. I just don't want to post our Paypal e-mail publicly. But yeah, shoot me an e-mail if you haven't yet. It's daniel (at) planet-nomads.com
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for posting that twice. thank you. im not sure yet if i want to upgrade and just wait for early access as i heard something about it not supported for mac yet??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate-xt View Post
    sorry for posting that twice. thank you. im not sure yet if i want to upgrade and just wait for early access as i heard something about it not supported for mac yet??
    Some performance issues there when we build the standalone build on MAC. It might still be playable + still 3 weeks to figure that out + the Alpha will be open for some time after launch, so you may hear what others are experiencing.

Nonetheless, we'll keep everyone informed about our progress on the MAC version.
    -Raoul Duke