Thread: Turn off mining actions while in Build mode

Post Thanks / Like

Turn off multi-tool mining while in Build mode

Ok, since we currently can't add material to fill in holes, I've got to put this request in... A pet peeve of mine is when I'm trying to revise something in my base, I am right clicking to deconstruct an item, and I accidentally either click once too often or slightly miss, and create a huge divot in the ground. Usually in a bad location that is not coverable (just my luck!)

Can we have the multi-tool lock modes, please? If you are in standard view mode, mining and removal only are active. If you are in build mode, component building and disassembly only are active. That would help to avoid accidental digging, and incidentally also let us dig out of situations without accidentally removing components from our vehicles!
    Last edited by Vrmithrax; 12-09-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, this makes sense, another useful thing in game. Thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always accidentally making unfillable holes.

Post Thanks / Like
    great idea! I have the same frustration, this change also would make sense.
    The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Post Thanks / Like
    That does sound good, but also not challenging.
    It’s like hammering nails, at some point you stop hitting your thumb.

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes sense for sure and the division among normal view / buildvision sounds like an easy enough solution, but we're thinking of reducing the function of buildvision to keep it purely for setting up of blocks (the C menu)... then the division wouldn't work for the tool.

And there we were, thinking that the wishes considering accidentally made holes have been solved with the tool stopping when changing target type (changing from blocks to terrain for instance)... Taking a note this still remains a bit of a pain.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m very happy with the multi-tool, but when you say “the division wouldn't work for the tool” it has me wondering.
    Like the Gun is for creatures only, could there be a tool for man-made objects only?

Personally I think I would still use the multi-tool, and would rather have an scanner in my third equip slot, but I could see why others would want it.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    And there we were, thinking that the wishes considering accidentally made holes have been solved with the tool stopping when changing target type (changing from blocks to terrain for instance).
    This feature helps a lot, but sometimes, specially when you are standing on vehicle - your character sliding to some direction and usualy after while you fall of the vehicle (in most of the times your character cant even walk on it, I have to use jetpack and if you can place or destroy block only in one specific position from wich you are constantly sliding away, it tests my nerves sometimes :P) - you have high chance to do a lot of mess if you fire just in bad time. At least locking vehicle into the ground usualy stops that sliding. Or specially when you are crouching, multitool likes to move a little when you press fire.

But.....most of my holes in ground are from freeing, usualy wheels, build in to the ground, because hoverjack cant handle vehicle whith multiple sections connected by hinge, or any big creation whith moving parts - there is always risk that hoverjack bugs it and ohhhh....using two hoverjacks on one creation is usually fast way to hell .

"Joke": If only there can be undo button
    Last edited by Jimmy; 13-09-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    We can fix all of this and more with a fill/smooth feature for the multi tool. It's a 2 for 1 win win.