Thread: Instant multitool withdrawal

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Instant multitool withdrawal

Hey Nomads and Devs.

I would love if you can remove that multitool "startup sequence". When I build something, depends on type of design, withdrawaling your multitool again and again..... can cost me in the final sum a lot time. When you build bigger vehicle whith complex connections, fixing mistakes while building (wrong placed block=change to mutitool...wait... delete that block and then switch back to blocks) or changies design a little on the go etc. can cost you a lot of time I. I never counted it but when you spent around 2 hours working on your vehicle, I bet it can be in the final sum few minutes or even 10mins of wasted time on withdrawaling multitool.

On assault gun it can stay as it is, it is normal for guns to take few moments to withdrawal. It probabably also make sence in "reality" that multitool take +-same time to take out as gun, but from point of game mechanics I would make it instant.

What do other Nomads think about it?
    Last edited by Jimmy; 12-09-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG yes. I was just thinking about posting this. I jump out and want a quick use before I get eaten.
    And I have to wait...

It's a cool animation and I can see why it's left in but can it move a bit faster? That might work w/o it having to be removed.
    Last edited by GaryP156; 12-09-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Hey Nomads and Devs.

I would love if you can remove that multitool "startup sequence". When I build something, depends on type of design, withdrawaling your multitool again and again..... can cost me in the final sum a lot time. When you build bigger vehicle whith complex connections, fixing mistakes while building (wrong placed block=change to mutitool...wait... delete that block and then switch back to blocks) or changies design a little on the go etc. can cost you a lot of time I. I never counted it but when you spent around 2 hours working on your vehicle, I bet it can be in the final sum few minutes or even 10mins of wasted time on withdrawaling multitool.

On assault gun it can stay as it is, it is normal for guns to take few moments to withdrawal. It probabably also make sence in "reality" that multitool take +-same time to take out as gun, but from point of game mechanics I would make it instant.

What do other Nomads think about it?
    I agree, this withdrawaling is pretty annoying

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the withdrawal animation, but it is annoying indeed that the character holsters the tool after like 2 seconds if it is not used. Just pump that delay up to 30 or 60 seconds and everything will be fine.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    How about having the animation only when you don't have a battery in it, like when it is using the suits battery instead of one you made for the multi-tool?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the animation;
    What I think we need is to be able to finish building parts and remove frames without leaving construction mode.
    OR Maybe what need looking at are the modes; do we need three modes?
    Construction, Mining/assembling, and Survival.
    With survival mode equipping the gun, and giving access to food and first-aid.
    And switch between construction and mining modes not triggering the withdrawal animation.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    What I think we need is to be able to finish building parts and remove frames without leaving construction mode.
    Actually, you can press "T" and you can have your multitool while you are in construction mode, but I prefer to use "tab" key - it is more comfortable for me and that way I can sometimes actually see what I am building - icons in builder mode can get very messy and I dont see much throught them, but that was in another topic.

As for animation - I never get why the hell my char. pull that battery from multitool so he have to put it back again.
    I see multitool animation when I reloading it whith new battery, I really dont need to see it every time I take out multitool. Maybe give multitool some idle animations? - that is always great thing to watch in games, when your char checks out your gun and play whit it a little. But like fura said,begin idle animation after longer time than few sec and it should not mess whith you when you want to "shoot" at target, just use same direction as if it was in ready stance all the time.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather see the animation once when pulling the multi-tool out, then no more until it's been purposely holstered or the gun drawn instead. Feels a bit repetitive and redundant the way it keeps reloading the tool now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fura View Post
    I like the withdrawal animation, but it is annoying indeed that the character holsters the tool after like 2 seconds if it is not used. Just pump that delay up to 30 or 60 seconds and everything will be fine.
    I use H to holster the tool, and I don't have to wait. Leave it open until then. If I want to put it away then I will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryP156 View Post
    I use H to holster the tool, and I don't have to wait. Leave it open until then. If I want to put it away then I will.
    I mean when you do nothing with the tool the character automatically "puts it away". It is normal not to keep our tools in our hand all the time, but holstering/lowering them in every 2 seconds is just annoying. The tool should be ready for action for a longer period.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Although we can feel your pain, will have to toss this one into the lower priority of things to do, especially as we are considering to rework the cameras/animations from a more general perspective.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    Although we can feel your pain, will have to toss this one into the lower priority of things to do, especially as we are considering to rework the cameras/animations from a more general perspective.
    Does that mean no head bob? :p