Thread: Is there a common side when getting out of a vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a common side when getting out of a vehicle?

When I'm driving and I stop and get out, sometimes it dumps on the left and sometimes on the right.
    Is there any way to tell which side? Getting out the wrong side could be life threatening...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a theory it was all about the nearest clear area, and then I built a big mobile base with flat area on both sides of the cockpit, and it always seemed to dump me out on the downhill side, whichever one that was. Not sure if it was coincidence, or if it really does have some kind of selection process like that.

I also learned not to put the stasis pod too close to a wall in your base, or you might wake up outside the facility. Heh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have had the stasis pod throw me outside the building before, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a system simulating the everyday life of a Nomadic driver - looking outside the cockpit and checking where's the most appropriate and safest spot to jump out. While sometimes it makes dumb decisions, it usually works OK
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryP156 View Post
    Yes I have had the stasis pod throw me outside the building before, LOL
    LOL; that is nothing at my old base I had an interior-wall mounted stasis pod and it throw me under the building!

It was a great view from inside stasis chamber, I’m going to have to try that again but it at 60 degree angle, and on the second floor of a building.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    There is a system simulating the everyday life of a Nomadic driver - looking outside the cockpit and checking where's the most appropriate and safest spot to jump out. While sometimes it makes dumb decisions, it usually works OK
    So is the logic where I am looking at the time of getting out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryP156 View Post
    So is the logic where I am looking at the time of getting out?
    Nay, the system just simulates as if you were. It checks all the available positions until it finds the most suitable one. Regardless where you as the player look.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Nay, the system just simulates as if you were. It checks all the available positions until it finds the most suitable one. Regardless where you as the player look.
    Ah! Ok, I can outspart it by always parking near a tree or rock. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    When getting out the wrong side of the bed means ending up outside the house in your pj's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't care ecept when i want to jump out, grab some veggies, and get back in before Rocky or one of his pals gets me.