Thread: Please more base letters?

Post Thanks / Like

Please more base letters?

This one's an easy one. Can we please have the rest of the alphabet to mark our bases? I've ran out of letters, making bases and points.
    Or at least make it possible to see the marker name on the compass please?

Thanks guys for an awesome game.

Edit: I was just thinking about another nice feature too: a way to filter or turn off the compass markers you don't want to see.
    Last edited by GaryP156; 07-09-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an easy one, and the quickest solution to that, before the compass can be cleared up with the introduction of either filtering or a map itself. Thanks for the tip, GaryP156!
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the solar light/marker system, but they can overlap on the compass.
    I’m thinking it would nice to have three types of solar lights, short, medium, and tall.
    With marker ranges of 500, 1000, and 10,000 that match height, or can be set.

I think it would be great to have solar powered street lamps/lights, and maybe a solar powered mini beam light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Names would be excellent. I'll make far more sense than the letters, but they'd soon get jumbled up with other names on there, unless you can can state which base/marker you want to head to and only have that show up in the compass.

Perhaps have the compass as a hand held device, and include this functionality.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a solar marker on my rover but as I drive the letter slides from left to right on my compassion. Is there any solution for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    It is an easy one, and the quickest solution to that, before the compass can be cleared up with the introduction of either filtering or a map itself. Thanks for the tip, GaryP156!
    Thank you. I was hoping it was. 😁

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryP156 View Post
    I have a solar marker on my rover but as I drive the letter slides from left to right on my compassion. Is there any solution for this?
    Turning it off while you are inside, driving, and only use it when you leave your rover
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryP156 View Post
    It is too close to the cockpit. I always install the beacon on the back of my vehicles, as far as possible from the cockpit. That way it does not do the sliding on the compass.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fura View Post
    It is too close to the cockpit. I always install the beacon on the back of my vehicles, as far as possible from the cockpit. That way it does not do the sliding on the compass.
    AHHH! Perfect. Thank you. It works sweet now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another suggestion: If beacons are overlapping, only show the closest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea when (if) this map feature would be added? Would be useful just opaque not translucent background please, it's possible to go overboard with transparencies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering since it's so easy to add the missing letters, is it possible to add into this weeks update?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how it would look if compass points got darker the farther away from them you got.
    So the closest would be the brightest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    I wonder how it would look if compass points got darker the farther away from them you got.
    So the closest would be the brightest.
    I really like this idea. I've now started back at A since I have that many bases set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really want a way to remotely turn on and off the markers and have different marker icons. One for bases, one for points of interest etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't mind having a way to set a color to markers as well, just as we can change color on our beacons. If we had that, and could filter colors on or off, you could use them to dynamically group different types of markers.