Thread: New Player Thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

New Player Thoughts

I just got this game last week and have some thoughts.

1. Is there a way to make the vehicles stick to the terrain better and not slide all over the place? Maybe increase the friction in the physics?

2. Is there a way to get more power to the wheels? It's the weight to power effect. You need a bigger engine which makes it heaver, so I add more power which makes it heaver. And it still slides but it moves slower.

3. A clock would be super great to tell how long before the darkness. If I were on the planet, I'd figure out a way to make an electronic clock.

4. A way to map your travel progress. The map would need user added way points like Empyron or 7 Days to Die. Some way to map out locations. Currently I'm using printer paper and drawing it out like I did in the adventure games in the 80's. (I'm working on a web version using html 5)

5. I see conveyor walls but no conveyor ceilings and floors.

5. Elevators for vehicles and people, possibly parts so a larger one can be built. (Wish list)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been playing the game a week now, love the game, to the point of over looking graphic tearing. Example: tunneling deep into a mountain and having daylight come through.
    The plasma rifle is sorely under powered, when it take a whole clip to take down a nomad cow , give me a pee shooter it has more kick. different ammo types would be great. It would also be nice if you could invite people to the planet your playing on, i understand its a single player, however it would be nice to show off your great works of survival. would also like to be able to placed a beacon that showed up on the compass

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Suspension settings set with the weight to stiffness in mind will help with this.

2. You can set them to fastest, add one battery per each wheel, or if you with uranium generator use 6 or 8 wheels. We will be adding bigger ones.

3. It would be useful, not sure if we can add it or not quite yet. It's in the discussion topics.

4. Also considered. Wow, on the modern oldschool map-making.

5. Yup. Working on those.

5. Not working on this one. People have been using a winch or magnetic hevers to build elevators so far.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    The rifle is "weak" on purpose, as we don't want to create a shooter game, but rather a way where what you build is used against the wilds. May be subject to further balancing though.

I think I saw your tunnel on Youtube today, it must have been heavy work!
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke