Thread: Floor and Ceiling panels with conveyor connections

Post Thanks / Like

Floor and Ceiling panels with conveyor connections

I was playing around with a 2 story base layout yesterday, and ran smack into a conveyor routing pain. Having a version of the floor and ceiling with conveyor connector (or connectors) built into it would be great for keeping things tied together throughout a floorplan. It would also be great for anyone with a little OCD who felt like digging below and doing a whole subfloor conveyor plumbing thing, but I admit nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahah, you will hear no accusations from us

Interesting point and noted for further discussions.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just going to suggest this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bumping this one... The lack of vertical conveyor connections is being discussed over on the Steam forums at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use conveyor connector though interior walls and ceiling panels.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1308413267

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    I give a hearty thumbs up on this suggestion!

Post Thanks / Like
    +1
    and maybe and "star connector" like the the 4 way x-connector just with 2 more, one on top and one below

Post Thanks / Like
    Aieonae posted some suggestions on steam.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/504050...2388941/?ctp=6

Hmm? I’m just now pondering how small containers on their side would look as floor flooring.

P.S. I found coloring conveyors yellow, gives them a cool cooper duct-work look.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1309387091

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the containers on their sides is how I've done it up till now (I'm CoinSpin over on that forum), it generally works pretty well but it's not ideal. I often build with floors and ceilings with 1 block gaps filled with armor blocks just in case I want to remove 2 and put in a small container to get the conveyor through vertically without having to build in an open gap. The only down side is that the container then shows up in your conveyor network so it can potentially mess with your organization strategy (like if you only have large containers in the network).

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    This block (floor/ceiling with conveyor) was asked so many times recently, that we have to move it on top of our list. It will be better than using little bit more hardware demanding Conveyor Connector block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    Yes, the containers on their sides is how I've done it up till now (I'm CoinSpin over on that forum), it generally works pretty well but it's not ideal. I often build with floors and ceilings with 1 block gaps filled with armor blocks just in case I want to remove 2 and put in a small container to get the conveyor through vertically without having to build in an open gap. The only down side is that the container then shows up in your conveyor network so it can potentially mess with your organization strategy (like if you only have large containers in the network).
    instand of the container you could use the T convey connector, or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaver View Post
    instand of the container you could use the T convey connector, or not?
    I've done that as well, using the T and the X connector. At least with those connectors, the side connections will actually snap to the sides of other blocks, so you can place them during the design layout.

It really becomes an aesthetic look issue though at some point, because the conveyors are smaller than the block size hole they are sitting in, so you end up with a floor or ceiling that looks unfinished with visible gaps around the conveyor part. At least with the container embedded in the floor or ceiling, it has a more finished flat look to it and very minimal gaps. A ceiling or floor with conveyor ports built in as part of the structure will look much more natural, and require less design compensation to make work.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can always just go outside (and UP) the box.

This should work for even the most OCDed players. ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1316718681

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1316718998
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 01-03-2018 at 01:06 PM.