Thread: Build Vision/Electrical Vision/Storage and Crafting Vision

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Build Vision/Electrical Vision/Storage and Crafting Vision

So currently I have seen quite a view complaints about "Build vision overload." I'd like to offer a solution.

What if we create additional visions?

So we have our standard Build Vision, keep that, it's working quite well.
    Although, why don't we remove some aspects from it?
    Remove Electrical from it entirely and make that it's own vision.
    Also remove Storage and crafting from it entirely and make that it's own vision too.

This could possibly be done by just having us toggle between them. Right now we toggle between build vision and standard vision.
    Add more toggles? If in standard vision pressing tab once would give us Build vision, press tab again, give us electrical vision, tab again, goes to storage vision.

People can choose to have each vision key-bound to like Shift+B or whatever else they want.

Now this gets to be quite a bit much and no one wants to tab 3 times to get out of build vision and back to normal vision. Might I suggest something to allow us to automatically go back to standard vision?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we keep thinking about the BuildVision clutter and this solution sounds elegant enough to take into account. Thanks for that!
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    A nice solution to switch between 'vision' modes would be to cycle through the vision modes with a single key/button while the button is pressed repeatedly within a timeout (1 to 2 seconds at most).

If the timeout has elapsed, pressing the button reverts to standard vision.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar thought on separating vision modes... I like the idea of having our current key toggle through all of the modes, but I also wonder about maybe using some of the function keys to switch to specific modes? Or even allowing keybinding in general to the modes, so you can make them fit your play style...