Thread: Inventory Size

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Inventory Size

I'd like to see a very reasonable limit to what you can carry. Of course it's a game and you must be considerably generous and exceed realism but i dont want to see the character's inventory be ridiculously large like in minecraft. It also ruins some of the reliance that you would have on your base by letting you pick up as much as you can and leave.

With that being said, it would be nice to be able to physically lift or drag a cargo container/ship part (depending on weight) or do something of this nature. It would make it a little more emersive and allow you to load cargo from one place to another in a very hands on way. I'd really enjoy a feature like this.

Kickstarter Precious Nomad glek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is something that would be better left as something that can be configured on a per-game basis, like Space Engineers permits. There are times when I want to progress faster (having a larger inventory helps with that) and times when I want realism.
    "And so I close realizing the end has not yet been written" - Atrus, Myst, 1992

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with that. Everyone likes to play differently and that's a factor that should be an option.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having limited (somewhat) personal carry does enhance the Nomad factor by having you create your vehicles to have carrying capacity, or to tow a trailer as we saw in the Physics demo video. But yes, servers should also be able to tweak this up or down.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this as a solution.

You can only carry a set amount, but you can build a floating travel case.

It would consist of a flat base with the small helicopter blades on the corners keeping the platform up.

On the platform you build storage containers to increase what you can carry, need more space build more storage.

More storage needs more power and helicopter blades to keep it in air.

Use some type of proximity track and follow system, where it stays a set distance from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Upgradeable limited inventory is what Petr has in mind. Since the progression speed and survival is very dependent on this variable alone, I think the size will be preset for survival mode.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Dawnkeeper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblend View Post
    You can only carry a set amount, but you can build a floating travel case.
    Terrarias Money Trough :o

I like the idea of a personal Luggage drone

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Wishblend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnkeeper View Post
    Terrarias Money Trough :o

I like the idea of a personal Luggage drone
    That was where I got the idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been playing PN on survival mode for a while now... I believe the starting inventory size is 14 slots; with that number of slots I found it difficult early on in the game to carry enough items to make crafting and surviving simple. I had to often switch out items (depositing in containers or dropping altogether). I'm all for a realistic survival mode, but just a few more slots in the inventory (maybe 18 or 20 to start) would have taken away a lot of tediousness in the first few hours of gameplay (until I upgraded my inventory size).