Thread: 0.7 two new issues

Post Thanks / Like

0.7 two new issues

This problem just popped up since the .7 patch. When the game auto saves it will lock the game up for 2-20 seconds. No movement or anything just a frozen screen till eventually the "game saving" icon pops up in the corner and gameplay resumes.

Also if you are constructing something in the armory and you log out (have not payed enough attention to other printers in game). The item gets stuck in the output window but you are unable to move it. Starting a new item will remove it from the window but it will be lost along with all materials used to make it.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Svt40,

I've played around an hour just now, and never experied such long autosave. It has probably something to do with something you built in game. Could you please send us that save file or at least game log from session that suffered from long saves, so we can chceck what exactly is causing delays?

Do you play on Windows? On Windows save files are usually stored in C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\LocalLow\Craneballs\PlanetNomads folder and log files if you use Steam in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planet Nomads\PlanetNomads_Data\output_log.txt until next game launch.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can send them, just let me know where.

I tried to put the output log as an attachment but it was too large and the save file of course was not allowed to be attached.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have not seen the printer bug but I have experienced the auto save delay. I looked for the files you mentioned and I don't seem to even have the ...common\ect folders. so:

Game Version: 0.7.00
    Simple Description: auto save causes 2-3 sec lag
    Detailed Description: auto save causes 2-3 sec lag if player is active (running or driving or using multi-tool)
    Reproducibility: only notice it Occasionally
    How to Reproduce: not sure, being active when auto save hits?
    Any additional information: i have the DXDiag but I don't have a way to upload the saves.

DXDiag:
    https://pastebin.com/5qFWfUHF

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here is the log and DX diag file. Still have no idea how to paste the save file. I know just enough to ruin a computer with ease.

DX Diag

Output.log

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, i have same problem with autosave - lag for a few seconds. I have this problem from begining playing PN (0.7.0), but thanks to my low FPS, i thought it's just because of my weak PC.

Here's my DxDiag:

http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/P2FY7wvd/file.html