Thread: Bigger base door and maybee garage door ?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Bigger base door and maybee garage door ?

Hey every one,

It would be nice to have a hangar like door which is 2*2 floor tiles wide and high to store a Nomads rover.
    and be able to make a "double" size front door ?

thoughts are welcome lets dicus

Kind regards
    Dooper
    The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Post Thanks / Like
    With wrench, hinge and rotation blocks we should be able to build hangar doors to fit whatever size vehicle we have.

I’m not going to say it would be easy, I tried a few times and the weight have the door was too much for my vehicle to push open. To me not being easy is what makes it fun.

But I will say I would like a force-field instead of large doors. AI; place two force-field-blocks 10 meters apart and connect power, and when you turn them on a color light runs between them. (maybe after item damage is added, this should be considered.)

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Partial agree with with Viking, but on a programming and design stand point I feel like requiring minimum 3 points of force field generators to bounce between would be necessary to actually specify area. if it's just 2 points then you are looking at trying to add additional parameters to determine where the force field should stop vertically or horizontally depending on where you put the 2 force field generators

- - - Updated - - -

Also I believe both options should be available to players. maybe Garages early game Force Fields later game.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm picturing the force field idea as something like a light curtain setup. Emitter/receiver block on each side of your opening, aligned together, creates a rectangular field 1 block high between them. Stack blocks to increase the height of the field.

Post Thanks / Like
    I created a unique entryway, and I’m role playing it is for Decontamination.
    I think it would be very cool if I could add special effects, like UV lighting, steam, fog, shower spay, and sounds. (If could we make them motion activated like doors, it would be even better.)

I started work a large vehicle size doorway; I’m sure what it will look like when finished.

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ff&oe=5A1D7754
    https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5A287576

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice cave entrance Casual Viking!

And I'd love to see a garage door as well as some nice full glass panels too.
    (Dev's, I'm a pretty fair modeler if you're ever looking for help)
    Last edited by GaryP156; 29-08-2017 at 01:12 PM.