Thread: Creating the space ship - HOW TO

Post Thanks / Like

Creating the space ship - HOW TO

Greetings Nomads,

I'm glad to announce that I built a first space ship! Yes, form the materials and parts we have on this small planet.

DISCLAIMER: the launching system and ship construction will not allow you to return back, so consider it as a one-way ticket. You will die there, but who knows - may be some alien will travel nearby and pick us up to his ship?

So, in order to build the space ship you need:

- 1 Hover Jack;
    - 1 Battery;
    - Lot of patience, creativity and imagination;

Step 1: Dig a small hole in the ground. Since Hover jack can be placed only on the ground - we need a workaround. So place your Hover Jack on the hole wall, like this:

e1.jpg

There should be enough space under the Hover Jack to place one ceiling wall plate:

e2.jpg

Since Jack cannot be connected to anything, except ground - we need to fix it with small blocks:

e2.5.jpg

The result will look like this:

e2.6.jpg

Now, we need to lift that thing up and you can choose any idea come to your mind. I used the crane:

e3.jpg

Connect few supports under that part of our future engine and make a launch pad

e4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Continue...

After you remove your lifting machine, you should have something like this:

e5.jpg

Remove the central block from the top

e6.jpg

... and build this

e7.jpg

then remove the top left block to allow that pair of vertical fall down - this going to be the "piston"

e8.jpg

TO check if its working - you can build a battery on the side and power the Hover jack - that two cubes in the center should be raised up and float in the air

e9.jpg

Now - place one ceiling panel on top of that "piston" and we done with our engine.

e10.jpg

That what we should get so far

e11.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Continue....

Use your imagination and build the "ship" around our engine. I build something like this:

e12.jpg

The only two necessary part you need - is a cabin and battery. Here is one trick - keep the battery OFF all the time! You need to turn it on only during the launch time!

e13.jpg

Connect TURNED OFF battery with Hover jack

e14.jpg

Spaceship is done!

e15.jpg

Remove the support from under the ship

e16.jpg

Now it's a lunch time! Jump on the top of the ship and save the game - I'm sure you want to test it several times
    After you switch the battery ON - the ship will launch into the space. You will have plenty of time to press "E" and get inside the cabin.

e17.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Continue....

So... the LAUNCH time.... Turn the battery ON...

e18.jpg

The planet surface went down, then the planet itself...

e19.jpg

...you are in the space - jump in to cabin! Speed is incredible.. FPS are bad...

e20.jpg

Our small home getting smaller and smaller... we passing the moon...

e21.jpg

Speed increasing, we cannot see our planet anymore

e22.jpg

Soon we will pass the sun

e23.jpg

You will be alive, as far as you sit in cabin, but in a while the ship will reach the end of the space... yes there are... and will start spinning uncontrollable. You can exit the cabin, if you build it on the long pole - otherwise you will be killed by the ship immediately. But you will die anyway - without atmosphere, so consider it as a funny experiment of the space travel.

And look on the planet again

e24.jpg

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, that was impressive. Much faster than I've gone, too (never exceeded 4 digits).

Balentius

Post Thanks / Like
    If we can place another "engine" like that on the top of the roof and turn it 180 deg to make opposite vector - than, in theory, we will have "landing" engine. We need 2 batteries, one for launch and another one to change the vector and land that thing. Turn one battery ON to launch and went to the space, then turn it off and turn on the other one - to go back to the ground. Again, in theory, if we can make 6 engines like that in the each direction - and 6 batteries to turn them on and off - we may have fully functional space vehicle.... place it on the regular car wheels... the only problem will be to stay alive and have a way to switch that batteries.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting build +1 for testing limits of the game ;)
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    ... the only problem will be to stay alive and have a way to switch that batteries.
    Amazing build. I made this account just to see the pictures
    You said "You will be alive, as far as you sit in cabin"
    There is a way to activate a hover jack while inside a cabin. See the picture:

Capture1.jpg

The vehicle is on a rotating plate. When it turns 90 degrees, the high load consumer is disconnected and the hover jack becomes activated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Menzagitat for the cool idea. Unfortunately I'm mostly looking for a way how to turn off the hover jack from the inside of cabin. That is cool: I have 2 uranium power station and still have no way how to turn on/off something remotely. For example front lights for the car.

Anyway, I build this:

n1.jpg

There are 2 hover jacks opposite to each other. Guess what? Does not matter which one I turn on - the whole construction still launching up to the space. so orientation of hover does not change the vector.

------------

2 more pictures - how our game space looks alike from far-far beyond:

u1.jpg

Same one where I played with contrast and brightness to show that the whole universe are in the bubble:

u2.jpg

That small bright dot in the center is our moon and orange one is a sun. We cannot see our small planet form here.

-----
    Well.. another one

u3.jpg
    Last edited by Andy; 09-08-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.” Archimedes

I wonder if I should try to reach outer space too. If anything is broken up there I cannot make a bug report. Nobody will listen
    Maybe to test the frame rates...

If you launch when the sun is up in the sky, you may land on the sun
    Also the moon... there should be places on the planet where the moon is exactly above.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great experiment!