Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show us your Base(s)!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these base demos! You guys are all doing amazing work. Videos are my fave! Keep it up everyone.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    My base in swamps.
    It is not fully completed, but the main features are done.

Last edited by Jimmy; 08-10-2017 at 03:33 AM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Jimmy - that is truly impressive. You have given me many ideas on how to up my base building game. Thanks so much for posting the video!

Post Thanks / Like
    Building this made me realize we need a few other base blocks. Like a wall with two conveyor ports. I tend to like to keep my power supply conveyor separate from my construction conveyors.

All the floors are covering a tunnel. I ended up putting a conveyor under the parking pads so I could always be in WIFI range.

Up the stairs is the living spaces. Down the stairs to the right is the power supply and refinery and straight is the mines which lead to water and access tunnels to under ground conveyors.

Door to the power supply room

and inside the room

Looking in from the east door. I put all storage and conveyors on the ceiling to keep the floors as clear as possible.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Netgyrl View Post
    Wow Jimmy - that is truly impressive. You have given me many ideas on how to up my base building game. Thanks so much for posting the video!
    I am glad that my video inspired you, it is always nice to see how someone else's idea/design can amplify your own creativity and so you then modify it to suite your ideas or you use it as part of your construction. Recently, I also got some new ideas here which I want to use in my next construction .
    I am curious what you will build so dont forget to share it whith us
    Last edited by Jimmy; 08-10-2017 at 03:29 AM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like

My first video, bad frame rate.
    This is my south pole base in planet nomads. Just built my hover-elevator.
    I have 72 autominers providing the ore that I need to build this base.
    The tower is now 25 floors high. Plan to build to the 90th floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...this is MY base

I have decided to buy into the Nomad part of Planet Nomads fully I finally got around to building a larger version of my go-to rover design...and it is doing s super job of taking me around the world. On board food manufacture, plenty of storage, a stasis chamber and plenty of power. Climbs pretty well....once I put some limiting bars into the pivoting wheel units. Found this out the hard way.....and had to mess about with hover lifts and winches to put the wheels back under the front!

But that's all part of the fun

Post Thanks / Like
    well..OK....after visiting the south pole and passing the equator, and amassing enough materials to fill acouple of containers....I thought I would build a house.

3 floors...a medical centre, a production centre and 3 floors. The top floor is currently an observation deck, but I might still build up further. A couple of baconies and a couple of cvoered parking bays for the smaller vehicles to keep out of the rain

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    My latest base - the floating/flying one...

My 'Garage' base - standard small 'box' base with a big open bay to work on vehicles:

Balentius

Post Thanks / Like
    My 4 bases presented here are all designed primarily for practicability and secondary for optics.

They are all placed beside water so I can fill my greenhouses and containers without moving.
    House, parking spaces and outside working spaces all have glass roofs.
    All mining sites of ores of the iron and silver biomes are directly connected to containers and printers in or directly beside the house. Only gold/uranium/titanium mines are separate but never farther away than 500m (also connected by big containers and offering a roof and a stasis chamber for an overnight stay). All machines and containers inside and ouside the house are connected except that I keep those containers and printers that are served directly by the mining machines separate from the others to avoid spamming - but they are placed so that I can move material from them to the inside containers and machines without walking.
    In the inside view of my last house two of the printers you see on the right back side are directly connected to the mines and used for mass production, the third is separate and connected to the inside machines and used mainly for blocks needing rarer ores or for stuff needed in the armory.

I am always experimenting with different glass roof constructions trying to limit the number of small blocks needed. I have tested mining lines on the ground and overhead and now go for the second version as this allows free movement for my cars. I have also played around with big containers placed under my terrace in the water (not shown here).
    These are all constructions before the hover patch as since then I have been engaged in testing hover crafts and decided now to wait for the big patch until I start on new planets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oh016; 11-11-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

New base and helicopter built

I moved north, there was too much bad weather at the big tower site and i wanted to see more green. I already started building my flying machine in anticipation of the new blocks we will get next update. I probably will have to redesign when they arrive, but figuring stuff out is part of the game.

The picture at the end is from Adam Richards from amazon games, a vehicle design made for Front Mission: Evolved.
    Maybe this is my next project, if somebody else wants to have a go at it, that is fine by me. Possibly something for BCP Labs. It will be at least 130 by 110 blocks excluding the rotor blades. One rotor blade is approximately 20 blocks like in my helicopter.

Happy nomading

Post Thanks / Like
    I added some fences to my base.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"Prowler" base. Currently about 3/4 the way complete with circumnavigating the planet from pole to pole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Svt40 View Post
    Building this made me realize we need a few other base blocks. Like a wall with two conveyor ports. I tend to like to keep my power supply conveyor separate from my construction conveyors.
    You could...

Build two walls with conveyor ports one next to the other, since they tend to be smallish 2x rather than 3x like normal walls.

Use a 3-way "T" junction on both the outside and the inside (or a 4-way or 6-way).

Attach a Medium Storage Box directly to the Outside or Inside of the wall port, turning 1 port into 2 and gain a little extra item storage as well.

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just today I thought about my creativity... I thought about ventilation system:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1402113007
    Last edited by Harrison; 04-06-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is/was my most recent base:

I take it with me where ever I go.

It's got great views, and even a sunroon.

Plus all the creature-comforts a nomad might need.

Post Thanks / Like
    My current base has a great view, but it is slow going because I have less free gaming time right now.
    I like Harrison ventilation; I think ii will need to add some to my desert mesa base.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1401137164
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1401135128

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Started building a new base a few days ago with the goal of putting Aesthetics front and center while keeping 'sensible' functionality.

So that means, no exposed (where possible) Conveyers or Swtichboxes.

To that end, I have a network of 'utility conduits' connecting everything together (sooooooo tedious. lol. But fun at the same time)

So, here's the base (keep in mind it's very much a work in progress at the moment, with quite a few bits incomplete. When it's done I'll do a full 'video tour')

And an annotated version

Thanks
    TheMightySpud

Post Thanks / Like
    So this is the exterior of my base, I'll take interior shots later and add them to this post.

The base has been built as I go, with additional parts added as I needed them to start, and then a radical redisign to build spaces for my vehicles.
    There's a few aesthetic additions, a control tower, a sunroom, and a port.

The base contains:
    2 stasis pods
    35 medium 3d printers
    11 large containers
    3 medium FAD machines
    1 armoury
    1 medbay
    6 miners
    4 waterpumps
    1 refinery

The whole base is connected to two other bases and a mining field by 6km of conveyer. (and my god the conveyor lag if I even think to add something else to the network is horrendous)

The first base on the belt is my underground lair, this base provides all the carbon and iron I could ever need, and keeps those 35 medium 3d printers going endlessly making the raw materials for anything I wish to build. This base is located in a 600m tunnel going through a mountian that peaks above the alittude limit. The next base is my uranium refinery that puts out enough enriched uranium to keep all my uranium generators going endlessly. ( I like not having to worry about my bases while I'm roving), the final point, (so far), is the uranium farm. Which produces an endless, (there's that word again) supply of uranium.

Photos are too large to post direct so here's the imgur links:
    https://imgur.com/wgqxGSw
    https://imgur.com/9WlcIsH
    https://imgur.com/E7wju9e
    https://imgur.com/xXZdSE3

You can see
    1 garage, for my buggy
    2 large hangars, for my three mobile bases. Each serves a different function.
    2 landing ports, for my three flyers. An ore scout, a flying scanner, and lifter for one of my mobile bases.
    1 tower, this is simply an aesthetic choice, would theoretically guide flyers to either pad.
    1 sunroom, single stasis pod, for waking up to nice views.
    The main building which houses all the machines and storage.

and a view from the port of the conveyor system fading off into the distance

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here is my main base - The lag on opening the containers means I won't be doing much more until I can figure out a way of doing it differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks NZ_Simplicity for sharing. Watching your video I feel like really being stranded on an alien planet. This is how I like to enjoy this game too. With smaller bases but still, making a base I can call "Home".