Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show us your Base(s)!

Post Thanks / Like

Show us your Base(s)!

Hello fellow nomads i decided to make a short video tour of my Mining base and my Main base. Hope you like it.

This is a link to my Lets Play series, if interested. If not that's okay too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuBD...s3ntH_c-bMY6R4
    Last edited by ChicagoBob; 22-11-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Base! I like the idea of lighted trail markers.

I have just playing around with different features, I will wait until after the 17th to build main base.

I did a welcome center; the stairs are lighted by solar lights enclosed in the two ramps.
    I’m using window walls as sky-lights, I want there to be a vestibule at the entrance.
    (I wish we could create airlock entryways and be able to walk around our base without a space suit on.)
    In my underground base; I have place biomass generators flush to the wall and used the new curved blocks to give a nice finished look.

b-1.jpg
    b-2.jpg
    b-3.jpg
    b-4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting idea for the skylights, might use that in a future build.

Post Thanks / Like

Love that second base shown with the 'welcome center', innovative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they walls you have up on the ceiling? I thought I was going a little overboard using floors as ceiling tile to save on supplies. Now I'm going to have to do some rethinking

Post Thanks / Like
    My castle base design.

From corner to corner it's 136 block's or 68 meters. I have 4 vacancies for anyone who wants to stay here

Post Thanks / Like
    aRPeaR, vary unique design, I really like the columns for the center building and your use of fence blocks.

- - - Updated - - -
    I find ramps makes nice looking wall and roofs.
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 18-09-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished my base and railway station. Nothing fancy about the base, but the railway station turned out quite well, I think Just few pictures here, there's some more at the link in my signature.

I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still too early in my existing save to have any really fancy bases just yet, but I've borrowed a strategy from my Minecraft days to aid in my exploration and started setting up small outposts. Here is a typical example of one such outpost, which I've named Isthmus Base:

Fairly simple to set up, the outpost contains a Medium 3D printer, a compact FAD machine. a medium greenhouse, and a stasis chamber. In sum, everything I need to insure I can survive and resupply for pushing onward, as well as a shelter when returning to my main base.

Blocks needed: 5 base foundations, 2 Biomass generators, the machines I mentioned above, 4 corner blocks, 1 door block, 8 various wall blocks, and 16 ceiling panel blocks. A small solar beacon allows me to find the outpost as needed. I usually bring enough parts to build 2 base foundation blocks, the 3d Printer and 1 biomass generator, and either enough resources to build the rest, or harvest locally; sometimes both. Distance between outposts is between 2 and 4 km, depending on the route between, and how far I think I can travel before I run low on supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fura!! that is so cool!! You must do a video and show us how your railway works. please!?

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally I completed my travel around planet (yes, I did this! ). Now I can show my base. It not very big, need some works.

Inside looks:

My travel car for very long journey. Very simple, fast and cliff-climbing, but it have big troubles with a lot of small hills with a large height difference.

P.S. Travel around planet took ~10 real hours, maybe more, I didn't check a time. In my survival game, my character never died.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to make a video anyways, so here it is. Sorry, no sound and there are back bars because my screen is not 16:9.

There's a huge lag at 7:07... That happens every time I'm traveling back to base, although usually it is not this long. It seems that is when I get close enough for my base to get loaded.
    And some additional info, you can see that I keep the "locomotive" (I'm not sure what better word to use for it ) on a hover jack when I'm not using it. That is a workaround to the order how things are getting loaded. Sometimes the locomotive is loaded in before the building, which results the wheels being partially inside the rail blocks which then pushes them away. That in a good case forces the thing off the rails in a bad scenario it launches at a random direction which can be space or my face....

Post Thanks / Like
    Some really nice looking bases there

One question...are they built in creative or survival?

I just build in survival, and have not really built anything much of a base besides bare essentials to get up and running. I always found that basic resources would become scarce unless I went further and further away, and so have gone for a more nomadic approach. This brings it's own problems to solve, but means there is never a shortage of iron ore boulders to harvest.

How do people collect enough resource to build things like this in survival? I'm a newbie when it comes to mining here. I just end up digging lots of holes until I find ore and make a horrid mess of the world around me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Building in Survival is easy once you get some mining machines going, you will need to head north (or possible south) to get ores, not found in the start biome. (Plus you will find the ore you need for equipment upgrades. )

with a mining machine on an good Iron/Carbon spot, and a second mining machines on an silicon/carbon spot, you can build all the level one parts you want.

I like to set-up 9 printers (one that makes and holds 900 (10 stack or 90) frames, one for 900 plates, etc, etc.) via just two automatic mining machines.

Large storage containers are optional, I have two one for rare ore, and one for silicon/carbon.
    I turn off my silicon/carbon mining machines, once the large container I filled and connect a small container to it that I load up with biomass and it feeds biomass the any printer that needs it and my biomass generators.
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 27-09-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK....tonight's challenge....master the mining machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, in survival. I needed a sh!tload of iron, but with a mining machine set up that's a piece of cake

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to find good veins of whatever I'm hunting for, expose a solid section of the vein, and then set strategically up a floor section with 2 bio-reactors and a ton of interlinked small storage containers. Then I route conveyors over to the vein and build 2 connected auto-miners. Throw some biomaterial into the reactors, drop a solar beacon and set it to broadcast, and my little autonomous mining rig is complete.

The trick is in how you place the floor and route conveyors in relation to the vein, takes a little practice to get it positioned so you are at maximum mining potential on the veins. Then I'm off to the next location. Just a matter of wandering around and gathering up resources when needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakmagnet1701 View Post
    Some really nice looking bases there

One question...are they built in creative or survival?
    I do everything in survival mode.
    For finding ore veins i just randomly remove the top ground layer with one pulse off the multitool.
    Last edited by aRPeaR; 28-09-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    @aRPeaR .... my level of impressed-ness has gone up a few notches with your base build It's one thing to come up with a neat design and build it....but another to go to the effort of building it after you mined and fabricated all the parts.

Now....I think I have 'got it' when it comes to mining. The pointers on here got me going in the right direction, and I now have a fully stocked heap of carbon and silicon. Not brilliant, but it was only 4% soil, so that's good. I am now trying to find a decent vein of iron to set up another one.

I interrupted my mission to mine to go north to gather some cobalt/titanium....which resulted in me crashing my rover, getting poisoned, irradiated and starving to death before I could get my rover right side up again. Not helped by failing to spot I had run out of battery power in the pack I had the winch hooked to..... Still, after re-spawn, it was only a 2K walk back to retrieve my rover and my stuff. Drove back to find I had not got enough cobalt to build what I needed.

Will finish off the mission tonight though I started a fresh world and was trying to build the stuff to unlock the full build tree. Then I shall build my base. I have a lovely lakeside spot picked out with views of the mountains and some lovely woodlands nearby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still messing around with my alpha site. Nothing special..

alpha base_10_02_17.jpg

But I thought I would let you know that with this Christmas bonus, I'm putting in a pool...

pool.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I am loving the indoor swimming pool Is it heated

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.

It's not heated yet, although I suppose I could put my refined uranium storage container in the pool. That should heat it.

Speaking of refined uranium. Here is my Northern mine and processing site. I need to add more storage as when I arrived the container was full of gold and titanium.

North Processor.jpg

Here is the processing shed internals. Just a bunch of refiners processing the uranium ore. The 3D printer is not connected to the system, just a small storage box at the rear with some common resources, just in case I need something. I think I'll connect the generator to the conveyor system next time I'm there so I won't have to keep feeding it.

North Processor Internals.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 04-10-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nomads.
    This is my main base which I built primary for construction of vehicles and their testing - there is pretty rough terrain nearby. But as time flies forward I added few decoration objects, like that cool looking lamps I built from Short Inner Walls, hinges, search lights, indoor lights and battery to power them - and it look almost like real lamps except they shine to all directions. I made also one lamp whith rotor - for fun, too bad it stops rotating after unknown time passed ingame.

The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.