Thread: how big is the ocean?

Post Thanks / Like

how big is the ocean?

so i started heading south to find the desert... and i drove and drove then droped the vehicle and walked and walked. now i am in a bgi ass ocean. is it ever going to end?

is there a map for this planet?
    where is the desert?

Post Thanks / Like
    as Dory would say "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

Post Thanks / Like
    Deserts are located around the equator. There's isn't a map in game, but to have some idea of the biome distribution, checkout the alpha planet screenshot (a bit outdated but gives the idea). Due to rotation the desert is at the bottom, but the distribution is from pole to equator.

As for the ocean, that's completely random, depending on your seed, so can't say when it's going to end (it is though!)

"Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct me if I wrong but according to my calculation the whole planet diameter is about 20 km, right? I tried to walk to the north pole and probably found the point in the middle of some sea, where all the start are spinning right above my head (yes - its very cold there!). I build a beacon there and walk to the south pole. The maximum distance I can walk away was about 28 km and there was another huge sea/ocean on the south pole. Which makes circumference about 60km +- 5km and radius about 9-10 km.

I would rather name it as "asteroid" (B-612) then a "planet"... The easiest way to reach the space is to climb on the really high mountain and build a tall building there. Starting from the 5th of 10th floor we will reach the end of the atmosphere and we can see the stars above even during the day light.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The diameter is actually 60km. It was 120km at the start, but that proved to be to much for a lot of players computers, causing lag. Lowering the diameter ensures that more people can play it. Bigger is notalways better.

As for oceans, thera are seeds that generate mostly water and little landmass. If you have that, you're ocean may be massive.