Thread: Darker theme craftable walls etc

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Darker theme craftable walls etc

The white and yellow combo isn't to everyone's taste. Without directly copying Space Engineers, some darker themes might be nice (grey-black) or dark grey and white. Examples:

Linked as a bit large for this page:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...c441fe375e.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8b0b399ba7.jpg

Wow, there's some amazing modelling/texturing here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being able to change the color of the orange parts of blocks is on our mind.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the rest, i hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    And the rest, i hope.

The rest will change color base on the metal used to make it, along with the hit points.

See (Daniel’s reply to “how about Iron, silver, aluminum, and gold plate”) currently on page 2 of Suggestions.

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, along those lines, I can see this happening, but you'd have to rejigger the design a bit:

Take the basic Plating MK I - Requires 1 iron, 1 carbon

The redesign might require something along the lines of:

Plating MK I - Requires 1 [metal], 1 carbon

Metal being defined as: iron, silver, aluminum, gold (et al)

And if you are going to be defining meta-groups, what about redefining Biomass? So [biomass] would cover generic biomass, fruits and seeds. So while fruits and seeds are valuable in their own right, you can throw them into the generator in a pinch.

One last thought on the meta-groups, this would make things easier to slot in new resources. Want to add copper to the mix? Throw it into the [metal] group and it can immediately be used in recipes using the [metal] group, and recipes the require copper specifically can come later. Also, there was another thread where someone was asking about wood as a resource. Be a bit more work getting the engine to give us wood instead of biomass, but pitch it into the [biomass] group and again, it becomes immediately usable for recipes using the [biomass] group and wood-specific stuff can come later.