Thread: Vehicle energy feedback

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Vehicle energy feedback

Obvious problems:
    - Vehicle batteries drain even if you do not drive. 20 minute real time per charge. They should at least stop discharging when I'm not in the cockpit. Even better no discharge while I don't drive.
    - Battery cells require the medium printer and the compact armory (which has no conveyor port) making the crafting unnecessary tedious since you have to craft the ALM separately and move them to the printer.

Resources required per battery cell:
    3 carbon, 4 silicon, 3 biomass

To drive my 10-wheel travel vehicle for 1 hour I need 6x3=18 cells, assuming I have a mining machine set on a carb/silicon vein I only have to gather like 15 small plants for the biomass and then wait for the crafting to be done.

(rant: the biomass gained from trees is still a joke. use flowers and bushes)
    100% linux gaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a question why is v0.6.7 much harder to play in survival, I can't explore anymore because of this fuel update if you actually play the game you will know that you cannot split the battery cell, to distribute them to other battery or have all battery linked into one in order to use the battery cell same goes for the generator. Why is crafting the battery cell so much longer, so if you run out of battery on your long trip you have to set up a big temporally base each time you run out this is no longer a quick stop to keep you exploring, it has stopped me from exploring and forced me to stay at base to focus on base building. Also the big green house you added in why can't you grow eatable food or actually have a farm. Also the why is it that all build objects only rotate in 90 degrees so is you want to connect to base together you can't because of the offset between the two base. What I'm say is my small mining base turned into a massive base for a small amount to resources gathered to power them.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree theres issues with how the fuel system works, it is to risky to run out of batteries.

There should be a sense of freedom once you spend ages building a buggy, but atm its to restrictive.

Solar panels on buggys are a must, so they charge while your out of its cockpit, a no brainer failsafe really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to even go one step further.... just get rid of fuel consumption completely or give the users the option to switch it on and off in survival. For me it has turned the game into a total boring grind, instead of the fun it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vehicle energy is definitely one of my most worried-over details in my current playing modes... I have a few points (some of which have already been in other suggestion topics) that might help:

- Fuel Cells. Consider them upgraded Battery modules, more expensive to make, they don't disappear when used up, can be recharged in reactors.
    - Solar Panels. Useful for low energy base needs (fallback), charging batteries, etc.
    - Small Plutonium Reactor. Maybe a 2x2x6 version of the big reactor, half the power output, half the weight, makes it more mobile-friendly option
    - Hotbar or keybinds when in vehicle, to toggle components on or off from inside. So you can shut down easily, no power drain while the vehicle is idle.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a Thorium reactor.

Most abundant source of fuel on entire Earth surface, I wont bother with the Political reasons we don't use it, but be great for the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleon View Post
    Obvious problems:
    They should at least stop discharging when I'm not in the cockpit.
    So if we installed batteries in our bases, they'd give us infinite energy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not give us a smaller reactor that we can use on vehicles that uses the save fuel as the larger ones? Trees. A never ending supply. Making batteries is the pits if they don't last. I keep 40 or so at a time.