Thread: We need a " safe exit area" around the escape pod !

Preorder Collector Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

We need a " safe exit area" around the escape pod !

Hi, i just played today and upon constructing my base around the escape pod i had the bad surprise to be instant dead upon exiting the escape pod, not really a bug because the exit area was obstructed by other blocks.
    So to avoid this please add a safe zone marker around the escape pod to tell the player that in this place you can't place a block ( it is forbidden ) because you need an area to exit safely !
    It is not as obvious as it can be on first look , because when taken under the " buil fever " everyone can forget this rule ( like me at this moment , so now i can just restart from scratch , damnit or perhaps on another place on the planet so i can retrieve my old base ? :/ )
    Cheers !

Post Thanks / Like
    Still exists in 0.6.8. I existed the escape pod and was killed by the building wall next to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a partially under ground base and my sleep pod is near to a cave wall. The pod exits me almost every time under ground. sometimes in the nearby objects or in the ceiling. Which means instant death. If I end up under ground, usually I can fly back, but it happens sometimes when I'm reaching ground level, I die instantly.

So yes, it would be nice if the pod would exit me to the same relative location from which I entered.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it just exit you to exactly same place you entered, it will be best. I know that some stuff can appear on that place (in vehicle, moving parts), so it would tryed to place you where you were, simulate your exit and if you would die, it will choose different place.

But it got better as patches goes, at least it seems that way.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Preorder Collector Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The same thing applies to the stasis chamber too : when exiting , you exit outside the wall , very annoying !

Post Thanks / Like
    Why I am at my ca 20 new begin never died and when a mob me Attacker then I run away.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parked next to a tree. Died getting out of my rover.

:(