Thread: Splitting the object depends on obect length and sometimes takes forever

Post Thanks / Like

Splitting the object depends on obect length and sometimes takes forever

Game Version: 0.6.4

Description:
    When I building the monorail road, I found that if the road was built from several parts, like 200-300 meters long - they will be not disappear after the game reload. So I build a very long one - about 1 km long and then I tried to split it in 2 road parts, about 500 m each. I makes sure that I have a bunch of grounded supports for the both sides of my cut (otherwise the part without grounded support will be thrown into the space), figured out the middle, approximate 500 m from each edge and removed the road block.

The game was freeze with that spinning wheel, I still can hear the music and can move that spinning wheel on the screen. But nothing happened else. I wait for about an hour and kill the windows process fro the game game, which have a status "Not responding".

It working fine for the small objects, but when the object length are increasing - the speed of that splits going slower and slower.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bigger the build (or building) is the more time it takes split, save, etc. There were painful minutes before, but that was fixed lately below one sec.

It's still possible, there's some other issue there. Could you upload the saves for this one?

Game saves can be found in the following folders
    MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE _main.db FILE, OR ELSE THE SAVES WON’T WORK.
    Windows: C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\LocalLow\Craneballs\PlanetNomads

https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...EMPLATE-PLEASE
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke