Thread: Silicon, Silver and Titanium veins

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Silicon, Silver and Titanium veins

I wonder, where did this 3 ore type veins go since 0.6.2? (at least I hope it was that one, but it was around the time you removed T2 res from nests and T3 res from Godillo crystals).
    I read patch notes from 0.6.2 and 0.6.3 again to be sure, but I dont see there any info about changes in ore veins spawn. I didn't notice it before, since I had well stocked base, but when I started new world at 0.6.2, just before 0.6.3 hits servers, I was unable to find any silicon veins and I dig quite a lot, even in cavens you would find only Iron veins (and it goes on in 0.6.3, I did not tryed 0.6.4 yet). Same problem I have whith silver and titanium - I am able to mine them only from surface boulders or crystals.
    But I hope that theese missing ores are just bug or am I missing something? I cant imagine that in future patchs I would construct something bigger from more advanced blocks, which would require any of these ores in greater amount.

I get the reason why you removed T2 and T3 res from nests, as it was way too easy to stack a lot of ores even in starting location, at least whith a bit of practice ( but now I noticed that one nest support only one animal(also bug?), which made farming nests even easier or usualy whith no effort at all compared to 4 or 5? animals wandering around nest before and thus they could give you hard time even whith curret AI).

And on the other hand, finding xaenite is way too easy now, just travel away from forest biome and its almost everywhere, boulders as well as veins. Suggestion: I think it should occur only in specific areas (but in multiple biomes, do not make us travel deep to north before we have at least T4 gear, you can hide some new ore there;) ), which you could recognize even from far away by some special tree model for example, growing only in area where xaenite is, like plants on our planet favor some areas too, benefiting from minerals etc in ground. Because if you just change spawn of xaenite to be very rare, you could be frustated to not be able to find any for hours, if you plan to stick playing whithout ore detector
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Petr will check this. There's a slight suspicion that something keeps changing the settings without our knowledge.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried and tested, and everything seems to be in order. Silicon, silver and titanium can be found in the more dangerous biomes such as the badlands and tundra.

The number of animals spawning at nests should be a random number between 0-4.

The xaenite is also as it should. Possible anomaly? Could you post the world seed with a few more info? (which biomes visited?) Because it should be just desert and arctic biomes.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,
    I made new world today, and I have same problems as before. One thing I noticed is, when I created world, there were usualy 2 - 3 animals per nest, but when I exited to main menu and loaded the game again, I saw only one animal per nest and it stays that way into the future.

About veins, I tested only starting location, but I was able to find only Iron/Carbon veins so I guess in other biomes I would found only Cobalt/Aluminium and Gold/Uranium veins.
    Save game included.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jimmy; 22-06-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.