Thread: E - like Energy

Post Thanks / Like

E - like Energy

I'm always wondering where the Energy comes from in some survival Games. It alwaqys feels a little bit unreal. Well the values here are not fixed. Its only a frame of ideas to create more sense how the things may work. But the main thing of the Game is "exploring and having fun". Therefore it can be build in in a possibly weaker form which allows longer action without recharging. These are only suggestions nothing else.

1. It would be nice if the Bio-Reactor consume 35 (half stack) Biomasscontainer in two ingame Days
    2. It would be nice if the Plutonium Reactor consume 1 Uranium in 30 ingame Days (but please no radioactive waste at the end).
    3. It would be nice if the Suit/Tool and jetpack draines energy from Batteries. Suit 1 needs always 0.5% units continously energy per ingame hour. Tool 1 and Jetpack 1 - each 1.5% units continously per ingame hour. 100% is the Energy sum of a standard battery. Every advanced Suit/Tool/Jetpack need 0.5% more energy. There are 3 batterys availabe. One with 100% (Standard), one with 200% (have simply another color - like green) and one with 300% (blue).
    4. All batteries are reloadable in a Battery Recharger. Two battery recharger are available. Both with 3 slots. Both can recharge all batteries but the standard recharger needs 2/4/6 ingame hours to fully load 3 standard batteries. He need x2 time to load 200% batteries and x3 time for batteries witrh 300% capacity. The advanced Battery Recharger can recharge every battery in the half time undependet from its capacity.
    5. You can install a Wireless Recharger in a building which also reharge all batteries in the near without removing them. In that case you can do someone else whilst the batteries are still recharging. You can also build in a smaller version a transportable solar Energy Recharger
    6. Batteries for viehicles are simply loadable by connecting to any Reactor. There is a new load status if I click at the cockpit after hitting tab which tells me about the loading status of all batteries in percent. To load the batteries I simply connect the cockpit to a Reactor - not more. The batteries draines continously 5% Energy per ingame day.

If all batteries of the suit depleted you can't even use the jetpack any longer. The Tool doesn't work any longer and your health goes slowly down. You start with a fully loaded Set of 6 standard Batteries. Thats enough to survive approx 14 ingame Days with standard Suit/Tool/Jetpack.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if the Bio-Reactor consume 35 (half stack) Biomasscontainer in two ingame Days
    That would end exploring and having fun pretty soon and turn the game into an endless grind right from the beginning. I'm not looking forward to these reactors needing energy at all, since that only adds needless grind to the game, but if it becomes as you suggest, it might be game over for me right away. Looking forward to the day they introduce working solar panels as Subnautica has, so I don't need to feed any stupid reactor at all. Such a waste of time to be grinding to get them running all the time. Time that could be used on way more usefull and fun things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do we have a Bio Reactor or a Uranium Reactor? Why do we have Uranium and Biomasse? Why can we connect things with each other things when the reality just stops there? The point is yes nobody wants a grinding tortoure - thats right. But everyone has a different sight of what he expect and what he want to do in the game. Its a process to find a line where everyone have fun. I have fun playing games with a little bit reality - not too much not too less. And by the way solar panels which allows to get enery by night makes also no sense at all and the Bio Reactor in Subnautica needs at the end Biomass also. However all these things do not avoid me from exploring the depths of subautica. Its a question of balance.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...rator-feedback

27-03-2017, 07:26 PM post from Buttermachine ;) ( Daniel :P )
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eos View Post
    And by the way solar panels which allows to get enery by night makes also no sense at all
    You can store the energy made during the day in batteries that are used at night. Works like that in real life, so why not in a game with technology way beyond ours? It just doesn't make sens that a race with advanced technology would build an energy reactor that you must feed. Here on earth we have ways of avoiding that, solar panels, windmills and such, I'm sure in the future they will find more ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a slightly different take on the thought of battery handling. I would prefer to see basic batteries remain as they are, as disposables (consider them the alkaline batteries of our game). There is an argument to be made for having depleted batteries be an item, which could go into a recycler or something to give back a fraction of some original raw materials, but that is a discussion for another time and place.

Where I parallel the original suggestion is that I'd like to see an "advanced" battery, one that has a substantially higher cost to build (more expensive materials, exotics, something like that), but can be recharged in a reactor. The advanced battery would have a higher capacity, and could be used anywhere a traditional battery is. That creates a tiered energy system, so you have an easy initial battery source, then as you advance you can leverage higher tech to reduce your resource consumption and grindage.

This same basic concept would apply to the vehicle batteries as well. Maybe it's easier to refer to the basics as "batteries" and the advanced units as "fuel cells" or something along that line?