Thread: [ACKNOWLEDGED]Buildings Disappear & Then Death By Building - You gotta see the photos...

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[ACKNOWLEDGED]Buildings Disappear & Then Death By Building - You gotta see the photos...

[EXTREME PRIORITY]

Game Version: 0.6.3

Simple Description:
    Buildings disappear, I wander around getting frustrated and then I die... Death by re-spawninng building/structures, I come back and I have to either dig myself out of some empty part of my structures or I spawn within them. Next reload, it's all back!

Detailed Description:
    Buildings disappear, I wander around getting frustrated and then I die... Death by re-spawninng building/structures, I come back and I have to either dig myself out of some empty part of my structures or I spawn within them. Next reload, it's all back!

Reproducibility:
    Every time. Unplayable...

How to Reproduce:
    Go away from primary structure, examples: ~400 game unit long tunnel (built as extension of main building, going into the hillside), or go away to collect food, seeds, etc

Any additional information:
    See attached/linked screenshots...

Log file:
    Not yet found. Refer to attached/linked screenshot of existing file structure.

DXdiag:
    Not yet found. Refer to attached/linked screenshot of existing file structure.

Save File: Not yet found. I've followed the provided paths & attached/linked below is what I see...

Thank You,

Chuck Godfrey
    KickStarter Backer
    chuck@3rf.com
    chuck@chuckgodfrey.com
    www.chuckgodfrey.com

Screenshots Below...

Last edited by chuckgodfrey; 15-06-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello chuckgofredy and welcome to the forum.

400 units as in cubes? We're afraid this is caused by the fact your building spread across several grid chunks (pieces of the terrain / building grid), which the engine can't handle very well. We are look into this issue, but if a fix can't be made, we'll need to limit the size of the structures to avoid this in the future.

Aattaching a save would be helpful - you can find the path to them in the Bug Template thread you've used.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, it seems the OSX instructions aren't enough to find the save file.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if in OSX saves have same name, just find survival_save_*.db
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, just realized the path on MAC is missing in the thread, here it is:

MAC > USERS > [Your Username] > Library > Application Support > unity.Craneballs.PlanetNomads
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    Dang, just realized the path on MAC is missing in the thread, here it is:

MAC > USERS > [Your Username] > Library > Application Support > unity.Craneballs.PlanetNomads
    I was able to find the saved file. It wasn't at the location described. I direct messaged the saved file to you, Maslostroj (Daniel), on 07/01/17.

Please let me know what you've learned. Also, what can I do to break-up my base, etc. At the moment my base is attached to a 400+ unit long tunnel (very long) and there's no way to eliminate the extent of the building. For example, even if I disconnect a portion of the building and tunnel you can still see it. If this is the case, then tunnels, roads and tracks will never be an option within Planet Nomads. This needs to be explicitly described or your gamers will be endlessly frustrated with their constructions & transportation systems...

Once again, please let me know exactly what I can do...

All The Best!

Chuck Godfrey

Last edited by chuckgodfrey; 03-07-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Chuck

---
    Chuck Godfrey
    Kickstarter Backer
    (949) 606-6838
    chuck@chuckgodfrey.com
    www.chuckgodfrey.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I can confirm this bug on linux using 0.6.8.

Post Thanks / Like

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Makers of Planet Nomads,

Do know I am experiencing a myriad of problems with Planet Nomads, but I am not reporting them because you haven't answered any of my direct messages.

It takes a lot of time and commitment to report and then follow-up on bugs, etc and if my direct messages and/or posts are ignored, then I'm de-motivated to help with additional bugs.

Please be more involved in interacting with us if you want/desire/expect us to help you.

Hours Played: 88 Hours

All The Best!
    Chuck

---
    Chuck Godfrey
    Kickstarter Backer
    (949) 606-6838
    chuck@chuckgodfrey.com
    www.chuckgodfrey.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Chuckgodfrey.

Sorry I missed out on you (I only just now read the PM message). It is exactly as you say, demotivating.

Thanks for sending the save. I can confirm it is the same trouble as mentioned in this thread. The way to get around this limitation is to divide your roads and tunnels every few hundred meters. They can still be nearly touching, but should be started as a new grid (i.e. not snapped to the previous section).

The Bug Reporting template has been since updated with the correct paths to the necessary paths.
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    2 weeks ago i have the same problem, my base and my railway disappear (around 350 unit long railway). after some reading in this thread and testing, just like dev point, separate the object (in this case; road or path) into a sections.
    i've test it (ill provide a video), 1k unit long road, divided into 5 section (not sure how long each section) and not connected to each other, a small gap is enough to turn it into 2 object and small enough for tyre to pass by it.
    so i assume, no matter how long the object, game engine will count it as 1 object, the longer the object, the longer it take for game engine to load it, at some point game engine will fail to load it and the object disappear (imo).

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a great work around. I have a similar problem. I'm going to adopt your idea,thanks!