Thread: Upside Down

Post Thanks / Like

Upside Down

What about a function to turn rover back to wheels?
    Sometimes its realy annoying that you should rebuild your vehicle in other place if it rolled over...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how easy would be to implement a "flip on a button press" function. But we have a hover jack. If it can lift things, couldn't it rotate what it has lifted? With control buttons like which adjust the elevation hight. So we'd just place the jack lift our vehicle, rotate until we're happy with the alignment and put it down again.
    There would be still some challenge - getting the materials for the jack, powering, rotating manually - but waaay better than dismantle and build the vehicle again.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Kickstarter Music Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about jetpack type boosters for vehicles?

You could have them controled independantly by key binding and could be directional depending on fixture orientation, much like other vehicle parts.

This would give the ability to 'jump' in a vehicle or, boost up a hill, or flip it using just one side?

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes to help with the problem of been flipped over i 1st ensure i have the resources to build the haver jack, then place it under the over turned car and raise it to the max,

2nd build a stack of blocks under 1 side and the lower the car thus all been well flipping it back over,

hope that will help for now until they implement rockets jet engine boosters ect
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It can be done even whithout hover jack, just build on one side heavy blocks and your vehicle will flip back by gravity, then you just delete that weight and drive again. Btw frame construction have same weight as finished ones, so you dont need to waste time welding it.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good observations on the way how to flip it in the game as is now.

First thing we want to solve in the upcoming weeks is how to get your car out of holes and caves, some sort of a wench it seems - as thought out on Discord and relayed to us by Wazbat.

Flipping tool possible in the future (unless the wench solves that already).
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    A thought I had was a cable winch that you could attach to your rover and pull it out of holes or right side up if need be

Post Thanks / Like
    well if you could place blocks sloped you could make a ramp...

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Racing games have a pack on track feature, wouldn't that work? It basically resets the position of your car, putting it back on its four wheels. In PN it could work like this : you get out of the vehicle and move to an open spot and place the hover jack there. Now select the build vision and the hover jack and it will have a feature to reset the vehicles position. Chose it and your vehicle will be teleported to the hover jack and appears hovering above it. Problem solved, everybody happy. I imagine this being the easiest way to solve this issue and would work in every situation where you get stuck.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a winch:

And this is a wench:

Note the differences

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have both there's no need to get out of your vehicle

Post Thanks / Like
    I found very funny my attempt to flip the car with two hover jacks.

Build one hover under the front of the car. Turn it on. Build another one under back of your car. Turn it on. Then go to the first hover and turn it off.

If you were lucky enough, then for the few seconds you will see how your car are spinning in the air with incredible speed and unpredictable directions. Then you will die, smashed by the car.

If you unlucky, then after turning off first hover jack - you will die immediately.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA) View Post
    Racing games have a pack on track feature, wouldn't that work? It basically resets the position of your car, putting it back on its four wheels. In PN it could work like this : you get out of the vehicle and move to an open spot and place the hover jack there. Now select the build vision and the hover jack and it will have a feature to reset the vehicles position. Chose it and your vehicle will be teleported to the hover jack and appears hovering above it. Problem solved, everybody happy. I imagine this being the easiest way to solve this issue and would work in every situation where you get stuck.
    I like this idea.

Btw, pulling vehicle out of holes by cable doesnt seems to fit into scifi theme and I can imagine it will crate a lot of problems, whith physics mostly
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i like these kind of solutions also. very gamey.