Thread: Alt-Tab should pause music / A "show FPS" option. / Stuff on the ground despawns too fast..

Post Thanks / Like

Alt-Tab should pause music / A "show FPS" option. / Stuff on the ground despawns too fast..

.. I was putting my food and meat on the ground because I needed the inventory for building. Aaaaaaand (after 10 minutes) it's gone. I wasn't leaving the area.

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    for FPS press shift and the key above the (TAB)uk keyboard layout key to bring up the dev command menu then type FPS and hit enter,

as for stuff de spawning too quick i think its there to give you the intensive to upgrade your suit and/or build a storage box/base

you can allways turn the music down off in the menu i dont see the point in pausing it??
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!
    I mean normally games turn off their whole audio when you alt-tab out of them to work with other applications (and then Alt-Tab back to it when you're ready to play again). But in Planet Nomads the music keeps playing while the game is not active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienMind View Post
    Thanks!
    I mean normally games turn off their whole audio when you alt-tab out of them to work with other applications (and then Alt-Tab back to it when you're ready to play again). But in Planet Nomads the music keeps playing while the game is not active.

are right im with you now, guess the only thing for the time been is to turn down the game volume before tabbing out, a long winded way to do things but thats the joys of BETAS LOL
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also get FPS using the ingame steam overlay. In steam settings you can turn on the fps counter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    You can also get FPS using the ingame steam overlay. In steam settings you can turn on the fps counter
    the steam one dose not work for me with this game but others it is fine, just a mention im not relay bothered

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaand I'm coming back to "Stuff on the ground despawns too fast" from a different perspective also. How about you make that despawn not happen at all - after all if you drop something it looks like a sturdy little container - and have that be used instead of the "printer inventory". The 3d printers (at least the emergency one) would just eject the finished stuff to the ground. Would look cool (and visible for you from afar). The "printer inventory" currently is not consistent anyway because you can take something from it but not put that same thing back again.
    Also, those "not despawning containers" would make for great visible loot you can put in story missions later. Imagine a pile of little containers. People like piles. Just saying.