Thread: UI Fixes

Post Thanks / Like

UI Fixes

1) Avoid double-left-click to move stuff around, E.g. from printer inventory to normal inventory and from a container to normal inventory and back. Use just single-right-click as that's the de-facto-standard in other games. Present radial menu only when clicking and then holding mouse button like it is on a touch-panel (where radials come from). Even better, get rid of radial completely and put explicit "destroy" and "drop" buttons on inventory which act on the selected (left click with e.g. shift/ctrl) items.

2) Building ("B") is open and "7" on the hotbar is assigned a building. You should be able to press "7" to go into placement mode without having to press "B" first.

3) Building ("B"), then right-click on one to make radial menu appear. Radial menu should have "build" which directly goes into placement mode rather then going over the hotbar. Also, placement mode should not be activated and text "Resources missing: 2 Resouce one [icon1], 1 Resource two [icon2],.." presented instead of going into placement mode and simply writing "Resources missing" without knowing what.

4) Crafting something should queue the dependencies. E.g. If I click "craft" on "Battery", it should queue "Composite Parts MKI" first if I have the raw materials and then the "Battery". Not just doing nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienMind View Post
    1) Avoid double-left-click to move stuff around, E.g. from printer inventory to normal inventory and from a container to normal inventory and back. Use just single-right-click as that's the de-facto-standard in other games. Present radial menu only when clicking and then holding mouse button like it is on a touch-panel (where radials come from). Even better, get rid of radial completely and put explicit "destroy" and "drop" buttons on inventory which act on the selected (left click with e.g. shift/ctrl) items.
    I've personally kind of gotten used to the double click system now, though having alternatives would be cool.
    2) Building ("B") is open and "7" on the hotbar is assigned a building. You should be able to press "7" to go into placement mode without having to press "B" first.
    The problem is as there's 2 diferent hotbars, one for building and one for survival. If you press B before placing 7 then it opens a menu you have to close. You can simply press TAB to toggle between modes quickly and easily

3) Building ("B"), then right-click on one to make radial menu appear. Radial menu should have "build" which directly goes into placement mode rather then going over the hotbar. Also, placement mode should not be activated and text "Resources missing: 2 Resouce one [icon1], 1 Resource two [icon2],.." presented instead of going into placement mode and simply writing "Resources missing" without knowing what.
    I guess that would be usefull, though missing resources are already shown in the top left corner if you just aim at it with a multitool. Some may complain of redundancy, plus you have to blast it with the multitool to get that "resources missing" menu to appear, which uses battery
    4) Crafting something should queue the dependencies. E.g. If I click "craft" on "Battery", it should queue "Composite Parts MKI" first if I have the raw materials and then the "Battery". Not just doing nothing.
    I guess this would be cool. Maybe an advanced printer or armory or machine thing that could interact with connected printers and armories and queue individual components in order to make what you're requesting

Post Thanks / Like
    About 1): OK so I just bind a mouse button to doubleclick if I hate it so much and I did ;)

About 2): Yes "B" opens "Building" menu which you would have to close to use "7". That's my problem. I don't even want to use "7". I want to just doubleclick (or choose radial option or whatever) on the wanted Building in the "Building" menu to close it and directly go into placement mode of that thing. Having to go over the hotbar first is annoying, especially for things you only want to only build once.

But pressing "7" even if you are in the "Building" menu should still do the same as if "B" were not open, meaning go into placement mode of the thing you got on "7". Currently it just does nothing, you have to "B" or "ESC" once to close it and then "7" works.

Speaking of "TAB", If you press "B", "Tab" should close the "Building" menu and should switch back to survival mode, instead it does nothing.

About 3): Thanks! Found the list on the left side after you put down the frame. I'm kind of blind sometimes