Thread: auto save OFF please

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb auto save OFF please

PLEASE make it so we can turn auto save off and make it so it save when we choose maybe when we sleep/rest,

im sure there are alot of us wishing we could revert to a save before we drove into a hole or some water that was a little too deep.,

i reverted to pulling the plug out of my pc so it would not save my game (drove into some rather deep water) but im sure my pc wont take much more of that,

thanks nomad team.

p.s sorry if this is a re-post of someone else's post, if so think of it as a BUMP to the thread.

thanks

Dave
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Nomad Dave. The autosave disrupts the Gameplay. It would be fine if the developer replace this function with a simple quicksafe which overwrite the old slot. But this save is something which is released by the user - not automatically. In this case nobody noticed that the game stops for a quick moment.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, from +- 0.5.x version, game saves in two different ways, something it will save while you see saving game, but when you dig hole to ground or even build base, game saves it instantly so even alt+F4 wont save you from bad digging. But you can build large bridge, alt+F4 game and you will load game whith your old mats in inventory, but the bridge will be build already ingame ^^

Anyway, I am also for option to turn autosave off and also easier way to save game rather than quit to main menu and load it again.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed also that some peoples who watches a "lets play" on YouTube think this is some kind of a performance bug as the game stops working whilst autosave.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fully agree with Nomad Dave.
    The autosave "feature" heavily degrades the game performance (it's more like a game freeze) at least with my PC having classical HDD; maybe the saving will be faster (the freezing will be lower) when using SSDs, I don't know. Nethertheless, the gamer should decide to switch on/off the autosave "feature" in the settings.

For me, if the autosave just starts when I'm flying with my jetpack or fighting with monsters ... - anyway I loose both :(

Greets
    Alrik

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Please. Turn OFF. Autosave.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some like it on, some like it off. Give us the option to turn it on and off please, then everyone is happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    An Auto-save on/off toggle would be nice.

I would also like it if we could adjust the time between saves, and trigger a “Save” via an F-key that would also reset time timer.
    And maybe have a transparent countdown on screen, which becomes more visible the closer it gets to Auto-save.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can turn it off now. Go to Esc-> Options-> Gameplay-> Autosave and set the time delay to "Off"