Thread: OBS Studio only recording cursor and black screen

Post Thanks / Like

OBS Studio only recording cursor and black screen

Hi all!

First time posting here and I've got to say that after playing this game for a couple of hours it has a huge amount of potential!

I wasn't sure whether I should post this in here or in general as I wouldn't class it as a "game bug" per se, maybe in the middle as a game bug and OBS Studio bug.

Basically, the issue I'm having is that OBS Studio doesn't want to record the game apart from recording the cursor moving about. I can tell that it's recording game footage is it's picking up the games custom cursor icon, just nothing else.

I've tried the game in Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen and Bordered and the same thing happens each time. I thought it might be something to do with me running the game in 21:9 but that doesn't seem to be an issue (apart from the scaling of the menu items).

It works if I record with ShadowPlay (although ShadowPlay records your whole desktop, rather than a specific exe). Has anyone had success using OBS to record PN yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    OBS seems to have problems when it comes to game capture and PN. Have you tried window capture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Works fine on linux btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazbat View Post
    OBS seems to have problems when it comes to game capture and PN. Have you tried window capture?
    Currently busy at the moment, but once I get a second I'll give this a go and reply back with my findings!