Thread: Couple of suggestions after playing for an evening

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Couple of suggestions after playing for an evening

So I have to say I had a really great time playing last night. Definitely a lot of fun. Hunger and thirst at the beginning of the game can get real intense. (Died from it once) After you get your base setup, and basic understanding of which plants produce your food ingredients it seems to level out pretty balanced.

The one thing I have spent way too much time on is building vehicles. My game seed is extermely hilly and all islands. Fair enough, I can deal with those challenges. After building a couple test vehicles I decided to go for a six wheel vehicle. Perfect for most terrain. My biggest problem is traction. Due to how quick and easy your vehicle can get stuck in a crevice (which from looking at it should be able to get out easy) you end up having to disassemble it and then reassembling it after falling in.

So the only thing I can really ask for is please somehow give us better traction, or at least some way to brake quicker. Both of which might be accomplished by more torque perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    What about vehicle power? If you put more power sources on your vehicle iirc it should go faster. Making hills easier

Post Thanks / Like
    The power up hills is almost there, but being able to stop is a huge problem since the vehicle skids all over the place on the slightest incline. Trying to park on a slight hill requires either a rock or tree.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure that each wheel has its own battery, otherwise your vehicle will be underpowered. Some even give them 2 batteries, depending on the weight and size of the vehicle. Once you get the wheels enough power, it will climb fine.