Thread: Multiplayer

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Multiplayer

so where do we stand on Multiplayer i know it has been talked about before. I play Empyrion quite often and on its forum they even discuss Planet-Nomads and there is a huge interest in Planet nomads but it seems like lack of Multiplayer is stopping most people from getting this game. I think Planet Nomads even in this very early stage is very good smooth and very enjoyable and hope it will get multiplayer sooner than planned .

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by --ALI-- View Post
    so where do we stand on Multiplayer i know it has been talked about before. I play Empyrion quite often and on its forum they even discuss Planet-Nomads and there is a huge interest in Planet nomads but it seems like lack of Multiplayer is stopping most people from getting this game. I think Planet Nomads even in this very early stage is very good smooth and very enjoyable and hope it will get multiplayer sooner than planned .
    The lack of multiplayer isn't stopping most people at all, considering all the interest at Steam, the multiplayer requests are quite low. Why are (some) gamers so desperately to rush multiplayer? We need a solid base first. If the game doesn't have that, then it will go the way of so many survival that started out good, but were destroyed by adding multiplayer too soon. Get good working singleplayer ensures better multiplayer.

There's a reason I don't play Empyrion, it's boring in singleplayer and I'm not the only one who doesn't like it for that reason. There actually isn't really singleplayer in Empyrion at all, you just set up a server for yourself. A huge world with no objectives, goals, lore, story.

I seriously hope it Planet Nomads multiplayer as late as possible..... that will ensure we get a decent working game and not end up with yet another broken survival/open world game that offers nothing to singleplayers, aside from a solo server.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased the game knowing its single player only...also knowing its Early Access only released today. I'm sure MP is on the way. Came from Empyrion too btw. ^_^

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA) View Post
    The lack of multiplayer isn't stopping most people at all, considering all the interest at Steam, the multiplayer requests are quite low. Why are (some) gamers so desperately to rush multiplayer? We need a solid base first. If the game doesn't have that, then it will go the way of so many survival that started out good, but were destroyed by adding multiplayer too soon. Get good working singleplayer ensures better multiplayer.

There's a reason I don't play Empyrion, it's boring in singleplayer and I'm not the only one who doesn't like it for that reason. There actually isn't really singleplayer in Empyrion at all, you just set up a server for yourself. A huge world with no objectives, goals, lore, story.

I seriously hope it Planet Nomads multiplayer as late as possible..... that will ensure we get a decent working game and not end up with yet another broken survival/open world game that offers nothing to singleplayers, aside from a solo server.
    Particularly agree with the last bit. I actually bought it assuming it was multiplayer, but it doesn't bother me right now at all; it's pretty, fun to play and looks like there's lots to explore so I'm all good!

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Nomad Dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it will come its just a matter of time, if not done by the nomad team then a moder, or moders will im sure of it
    Wazbat say's "Oh Nomad Dave isn't affiliated with Planet Nomads or Craneballs" witch is very true all I have is the game

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would completely disagree with that now that Empyrion has added scenarios where Anyone can create them with goals and objectives etc, it is missing an end game in default still etc but its SP has evolved more than your saying. It can be set up with the tutorial also, and has triggers you can set etc.
    Boils down to imagination.

Example-The Lost City Of Sol-Exploration

200 planets/playfields to explore every one of them hand made custom planets that look different from default planets.
    Over 200 Points Of Interest , AI enemy bases, civilian bases, abandonded bases, relics, villages, roman towns etc etc etc.
    A proper goal to find a Planet and a city, with aliens AI that can fly CV ships drones and troop drops ON Your Position to defend POIs.
    You tell me, does that sound boring ?

THIS IS ALL SINGLE PLAYER.

Planet Nomads could use a few of these key features if it wants to be successful also, which above all most of us would like to see happen.

Planet Nomads isn't ready for MP yet, long way to go b4 that, but it Definitely needs MP.

I love the look and direction of Planet Nomads but seriously this game is YEARS behind Empyrion for the amount of features it has and I find it laughable that
    anyone could find Empy boring and not also find this game boring for the SAME reasons,haha.

Keep it realistic.
    Both games are awesome an they could both borrow some features from SE also.
    Last edited by piddlefoot; 01-06-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: My awesome spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm hoping for the same thing as well.

There's a lot of games that rushed a lot of their development in order to get multiplayer working, and many of them suffered from it. I'd rather have a complete, working singleplayer system over a half-finished single player and multiplayer experience. If they put a lot of time into building the base game, then add multiplayer in, it's going to be a really good game.

Kickstarter Hologram Nomad Zombie Hugger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Backed this game for quite a nice little sum and still have hope for it, despite not enjoying the single player experience much.

There is a nice amount to do and I love the feeling of accomplishment when you finish your first little base, your first vehicle, your upgrade to MKII. Looking forward to having tank treads for a more sturdy and capable transportation method, but I otherwise get bored being all alone. Not being able to share the experience with another; working together to gather supplies or show off what you built gets lonely. I like having another person by my side or somewhere in the world to be able to run up to and greet, then show what I made or see what they built.

While I may not have too much interest now, I see the great potential this game has and the focus the devs have, so I will continue to support and bear along.
    Why hug a tree when you can hug a zombie?