Thread: [MED. PRIORITY] Issue with Rover Left Wheels

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad bil4short's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[MED. PRIORITY] Issue with Rover Left Wheels

Game Version: 0.5.4
    Simple Description: Wheels on the left side of the rover neither rotate or turn
    Detailed Description: I built a rover and while it was on the jack I verified that the wheels steer. Wheels don't turn on the jack. Upon removing the jack, the wheels on the left side of the vehicle (as seen from the cockpit) neither rotate or steer. The result is a vehicle that goes only in a circle. I have done this in three different games with the same result each time. Removing the wheels and replacing them does NOT fix the issue.
    Reproducibility: Every time
    How to Reproduce:
    Build vehicle, remove jack.
    Any additional information:
    Only Left side. Amount of power doesn't change the issue.
    Log file: https://pastebin.com/FtbatGcN
    DXdiag: https://pastebin.com/hf7bLGSy

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    By default wheels won't turn in the same direction. You will have to manually change the direction of the wheels on one side or the other through the 'C' menu on each wheel. Have you done that and continued to see the issue?

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad bil4short's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done that and the issue persists. I have used 1, 2, and 3 batteries per wheel and no resolution.

I did try again just now and the wheels would turn but once I got stuck they quit turning. Disassemble, rebuild and same issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey. Can you please try tinkering with the wheel rotation and steering directions a bit more in buildvision? We are 99% positive that's the issue, but wouldn't want to miss this bug.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Preorder Collector Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have this issue as well. I have tried all combinations, wheel rotation and turning direction, speed and the left side is not responding. I have been trying this with the jack placed on the 'raised floor tiles'. i have been starting over 5 times, and followed the guide. It is only the right wheel that turns.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can confirm this issue. It doesn't seem to matter what I do but the left wheels have no drive ability. I end up spinning in circles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have the same issue when I put the jack on a floortile, but it works fine if you put the jack directly on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been hearing of a few problems related to building vehicles on bases. Do you get the same issue if you place the jack on the floor?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can now somewhat confirm this issue, mine seems even more difficult.

I have build a carport connected to my home base and start building the car as I wanted it.
    Nothing special, just 4 wheels rear and front both powered separately by two batteries.
    Only the front wheels would turn and worked like a peach on the jack in the carport, but once I remove the jack, none of the wheels are turning.
    There might be one wheel that's turning, because i see that it's trying to crawl himself to the left, no matter what i steer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. the latest update works like a charm.