Thread: [FIXED] Bio Generator broken

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

[FIXED] Bio Generator broken

Game Version: 0.5.4
    Simple Description: Cannot reconnect power
    Detailed Description: I built a compact med bay and connected it to the power generator. When I opened it up it said it was unpowered even though the green power line was connected between it and the bio generator. Thinking the med bay was too far away, I dismantled it and built it close (same distance as all the other devices being powered by the generator). I still got the same problem. Thinking that there were too many devices plugged in, I tried to unplug some of them. Even when I did this the green power line showed it connected and the device was still powered. So I dismantled the bio generator and rebuilt it. I tried to connect the devices and the green line showed connected, but when I opened the device it said no power. I toggled the power off and on, checking the power state each time. I tried to disconnect and nothing happened. Again I dismantled the generator and rebuilt. I got the same result, but now I can disconnect the power and the green line vanishes. The only device I can power up is the compact med bay. All the others are on, have the green line to the generator, but have no power. My game is effectively broken as I cannot power the other devices.
    Reproducibility: Every time (once it occured which I don't know how, but it all started after the med bay).
    How to Reproduce: N/A
    Any additional information: I have a zip of the save file which is about 500k. I can email or send it to the devs by some other mechanism to look at if it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue recently. It happened when I went too far from the main base (where the generator was). When I went back, the doors became crazy and hydroponics stopped working. I tried to dismantled the generator but I couldn't. Instead, its hull points turned negative. I could fix it after exiting and reloading the game. I was able then to dismantle successfuly the generator and build it again. Hydroponic still failing, so I did the same and the rebuilt worked.

I would say that it may be related to the moment I went far away from the base.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also went far from the base. Then after dying I decided to build the med bay. May be a pattern.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can confirm had the same issue with the bio generator. Farthest I went was around 900m away from base before turning back. Restarting game corrected issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bug confirmed then. Go far away from the base can bug several base blocks.

Confirmed so far:
    - Biogenerator
    - Hydroponics
    - Doors

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've experienced this too. I feel like this is similar/related to what was happening in the previous version.

Preorder Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also experienced this - my FAD machine showed that it was connected by power line, but the crafting screen indicated that it's unpowered. Tried to disconnect and reconnect power, but didn't help. I also tried to partially deconstruct the FAD machine and build it back; didn't help either.

Also, if it's connected: after returning to the base from a larger distance (1+ km), none of the doors opened, neither automatically, nor manually. Reloading solved it.

Kickstarter Early Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had this bug as well after building the Medbay. I have never traveled far from my base. After building the Medbay all power fails. In my game (version 0.5.4, Windows 10 64 bit) reconnecting, rebuilding the generator or reloading does NOT help. I have to start over (and remember not to build the Medbay until this is fixed).

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello guys,

we are going to look into it and fix this before EA release, as this is serious bug.

sanverm: Is it possible, that you just overloaded the BioGenerator? It has limited power supply and if the demand is too high, all blocks seize to function. You may be reporting a bug, but I just want to make sure

Petr

Kickstarter Early Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZVous View Post
    Hello guys,

we are going to look into it and fix this before EA release, as this is serious bug.

sanverm: Is it possible, that you just overloaded the BioGenerator? It has limited power supply and if the demand is too high, all blocks seize to function. You may be reporting a bug, but I just want to make sure

Petr
    Yes, I checked. I disconnected the generator to only supply power to one or two devices, but it did not start working again. I think this would be the case if it is not a bug?

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, that's a bug, thanks for clarification. We also figured the cause of it and working on fix

Thanks, Petr

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey didn't want to create a new thread but this one is marked as Fixed. I'm getting the same error. Built a generator, did some roaming, and then it stopped powering things.I tried rebuilding the generator, tried disconnecting/reconnecting the power, tried limiting it to one item, tried adding a second brand new generator.

The only fix I could find was to rebuild the item itself I wanted to power. For example, disassembling the Med 3D Printer then rebuilding it & reconnecting the power to the new printer.

Game Version: 0.6.1

Post Thanks / Like
    This should have been fixed with yesterdays update. Does it still occur? It needs to be a new save

Post Thanks / Like
    So just to clarify - this bug requires a new save to fix?
    Have had this issue myself since buying it on Steam EA. Various items in my base stopped functioning and the only way to fix it seems to be deconstructing and then rebuilding the items and generator.
    Weirdly, the doors are still automatic even if nothing else is working. Strange!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. You'd need to start a new world to apply this

Post Thanks / Like
    Some portions of this bug have been fixed in the latest update, but some still persisted. Now those final ones will be fixed with tomorrow's update.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke