Thread: Game play Questions

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad SpaceMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Game play Questions

Hi, I have backed the game on KS, it looks fantastic. This is the first time I have shown an interest in this building/survival style game and I'm really excited by it and the possibilities. Inspired by The Martian book by chance?
    I have a few questions/ideas:

1. What happens when your spaceman dies? Save points, loss of items/vehicle, will you need to start over?

2. Will the player have any control over how hostile the environment is? How will these factors be determined? If its too easy can I up the level in some way? Wake up the beasts!

3. The setting for the game looks ripe for story line expansions/dlc. Hope the game works out, would like to think we all helped be part of something special/huge and you guys make some decent cash from it ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spaceman,

Thanks for backing Planet Nomads. We started working on PN before we knew about The Martian, but once we saw the movie we had to read the book. Really enjoyed the missed out parts about recovering the Pathfinder, drilling holes, rover tipping, dust storm troubles. Very good read. Now to your questions.

1. Respawns at the latest cryo/stasis chamber or the original shipwreck if no chamber has been built. Items stay at the corpse (very likely for a limited time) vehicles and buildings stay intact.

2. We're hoping to have zones with different difficulty levels, that you can identify as dangerous based on your observation and with the suit's help. If you want challenge, you'll want to go to lava or ice planets + find out lairs of the more dangerous ones. So, not really changing the difficulty level, but getting into trouble.

3. This calls for modders! Yeah, we hope to raise this child to greatness and have fun together with you and everyone who joins our family of Nomads.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj View Post

1. Respawns at the latest cryo/stasis chamber or the original shipwreck if no chamber has been built. Items stay at the corpse (very likely for a limited time) vehicles and buildings stay intact.
    Have you guys considered a perma-death option for people that just like punishment or really want a brutal challenge from the game?

Kickstarter Nomad Matthew_Hughes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have also just backed his game as im loving everything about it. it takes all my favourite ideas of this genre and combines them so I'm very happy.

I would also like to see a perma death in the game (sucker for punishment)

but also when travelling from planet to planet will i need to have heat shields on my craft? because that is my biggest annoyance at the moment i always feel cheated in the other games when going between planets!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if that's what rocks your boat, we can surely add a hardcore perma-death option.

Heat shields... we don't want to go the KSP route of punishing realism, hope modders will help in this regard.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke