Thread: My trip arround Planet Nomads - Some beatifull snapshots of the game...

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Carlaidus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My trip arround Planet Nomads - Some beatifull snapshots of the game...

¡Hola Nomads!

Thank you Craneballs for such a beatiful landscapes!
    If you want to see it in youtube (spanish live streaming

I think i'll try to travel arround the PN world... well.. umm...
    Anyway... thanks for watching! I'll keep you noticed about my adventures....
    Last edited by Carlaidus; 29-04-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice screenshots. And that is an interesting vehicle you have there. What are the upper wheels good for?
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Kickstarter Builder Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice shots, there's so much to see in this game. The planet generation is done so well, it surprised me everytime I look at things. I'm also traveling around the world, but only by jetpack. When I find a new biome, I build a small base in it, gather new resources and move on. Later on I can visit back and explore some more.

Love the vehicle, clever, this seems like a vehicles that can drive upside down as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    THX fura!
    Well, the upper wheels improve the power of these wheels for climp some terrains...

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds useful. I'll probably try that out on my next vehicle
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin (ShadowFlightBA) View Post
    Nice shots, there's so much to see in this game. The planet generation is done so well, it surprised me everytime I look at things. I'm also traveling around the world, but only by jetpack. When I find a new biome, I build a small base in it, gather new resources and move on. Later on I can visit back and explore some more.

Love the vehicle, clever, this seems like a vehicles that can drive upside down as well.

Thank you Benjamin...
    Is a great idea to travel the world building bases on the road...
    At this moment I'm ready to start my biggest adventure, go around the whole world, without vehicle. Only some materials for build stasis chamber, FAD and some small beacons...
    The vehicle is not ready for upside down driving, but you have given me a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaidus View Post
    Thank you Benjamin...
    Is a great idea to travel the world building bases on the road...
    At this moment I'm ready to start my biggest adventure, go around the whole world, without vehicle. Only some materials for build stasis chamber, FAD and some small beacons...
    The vehicle is not ready for upside down driving, but you have given me a great idea!
    Make sure you take extra materials with you, whenever you build something and disassamble it again, you can lose some of the parts. I had that happen a couple of times and then you're stuck and need to go back. Luckily, I build these bases with supplies, so it's never too far to go back. If plan on doing it in one go, make sure you take spare parts with you. I've just finished my journey and I'm back at my main base. The poles are really hard to travel, since the jetpack isn't doing too well there, most likely due to the cold air there. The warmer a biome, the better the jetpack functions. I spent the longest time on the poles and got into trouble a couple of times there, but was able to survive. Now I know I need to take way more spare parts with me the next time I go around a planet. The journey was awesome though, one of the best exploration journeys I've made in a game..... and this is only an alpha version!

Looking forward to the excution of this idea and more reports about your new journey!

Kickstarter Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The warmer a biome, the better the jetpack functions.
    I found the more extreme the biome, the worse the jetpack functions. Desert and tundra were both equally difficult to traverse for me.

Awesome shots, though. I circumnavigated my world E-W, but didn't think to take any screenshots. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iceshard87 View Post
    I found the more extreme the biome, the worse the jetpack functions. Desert and tundra were both equally difficult to traverse for me.

Awesome shots, though. I circumnavigated my world E-W, but didn't think to take any screenshots. :(
    I've upgraded it to the max and had little problems in the desert. It doesn't work as good as in the desert as in the moderate biome and jungle, but sure not as bad as in the tundra and on the poles. The poles are terrible with a jetpack, a vehicle would be better there.

Post Thanks / Like

Starting again...

ENGLISH
    Well, due to the update, my plan to go around the world is postponed, but only temporarily.
    So I uploaded another streaming of PN, with a version 0.5.4. gameplay .
    I will get the vehicle as soon as possible , new suit, multitool, etc ... And the mission to go around the world will start again ...
    The streaming is in Spanish, by the way.
    I will continue to report on the adventures!
    And remember to keep the greenhouse working!

CASTELLANO
    Bueno, debido a la actualización, mi plan de dar la vuelta al mundo se ve postpuesta, pero solamente temporalmente.
    Así que he subido otro streaming of PN, con un gameplay de la version 0.5.4.
    En poco tiempo conseguiré el vehículo, nuevo traje, multitool, etc... Y la misión de dar la vuelta al mundo empezará de nuevo...
    El streaming es en español, por cierto.
    Seguiré informando de las aventuras!
    Y recordad, mantened el invernadero funcionando!

Post Thanks / Like
    ENGLISH
    As promised, here continues the next chapter of Planet Nomads, with my trip around the world.
    I have discovered a glitch, which has killed me in the middle of my adventure.
    I was trying to cross the ocean and, I do not know why, my jetpack stopped working, I injured my leg and my body was under the sea with no possible exit ...
    Here I leave the streming in case someone wants to continue my adventure, and some nice pics of PN...

CASTELLANO
    Como prometí, aquÍ continua el siguiente capítulo de Planet Nomads, con mi viaje alrededor del mundo entero.
    He descubierto un glitch, el cual me ha matado en medio de mi aventura.
    Estaba intentando cruzar el oceano y, no se por qué, mi jetpack dejó de funcionar, me hice daño en una pierna y mi cuerpo estaba bajo el mar sin salida posible...
    Dejo el directo por si alguien quiere seguir mi aventura, y unas bonitas fotos de PN...

Last edited by Carlaidus; 14-05-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, you're in the more pretty regions now. Shame about the glitch. I finished my journey in 0.5.1 and I'm glad I did, in 0.5.4 it's pretty much impossible. I had a really hard time surviving the poles in 0.5.1, but in 0.5.4 it's brutal and I gave up. For an explorer, 0.5.4 is too harsh and too grindy.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, you're in the more pretty regions now. Shame about the glitch. I finished my journey in 0.5.1 and I'm glad I did, in 0.5.4 it's pretty much impossible. I had a really hard time surviving the poles in 0.5.1, but in 0.5.4 it's brutal and I gave up. For an explorer, 0.5.4 is too harsh and too grindy.
    I've just been through the north polar region on my world on foot in survival mode. It was harsh, really harsh, but I finally did it. Wow, there's a lot of xaenite there. I saw huge veins of it. Drill anywhere and you'll strike it soon enough. I'll make a little write up later on my experiences. Now on the way back to base camp. Just 24K to go (now in the sub-polar region, which seems like a paradise compared to the pole).

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMartian View Post
    I've just been through the north polar region on my world on foot in survival mode. It was harsh, really harsh, but I finally did it. Wow, there's a lot of xaenite there. I saw huge veins of it. Drill anywhere and you'll strike it soon enough. I'll make a little write up later on my experiences. Now on the way back to base camp. Just 24K to go (now in the sub-polar region, which seems like a paradise compared to the pole).
    I made my trip throught pole in survial too, just yesterday and thank universe I had a lot of building material whith me so I could build vehicle, but I had to rebuild it around 15 times, then I finally get away from pole and I can go further on foot ( there was ocean anyway ).

It is quite interesting how game can hide holes in ground so you fall in them whith your vehicle. I even tried carefur mid speed driving, but wheels has really bad brakes and even whith good steering there is often no way you can avoid fallin in. Even if I dont fall to hole, the game will put mountain( or destroyed ground by cave system ) in my way whith no way to cross it in vehicle... and on flat land you dont loose your vehicle, but it is hard to drive in this game version as your wheels got stuck constantly in the ground(sometimes every 5s), which is great when you just bypassing hole in ground - bam one of your wheels got stuck and throws you into that cave... (but that is rare )
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMartian View Post
    Looking forward to the write up. And yes, lot's of xaenite there, though by the time I arrived at the pole, I didn't need it anymore. Everything was maxed out before I started my journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I made my trip throught pole in survial too, just yesterday and thank universe I had a lot of building material whith me so I could build vehicle, but I had to rebuild it around 15 times, then I finally get away from pole and I can go further on foot ( there was ocean anyway ).

It is quite interesting how game can hide holes in ground so you fall in them whith your vehicle. I even tried carefur mid speed driving, but wheels has really bad brakes and even whith good steering there is often no way you can avoid fallin in. Even if I dont fall to hole, the game will put mountain( or destroyed ground by cave system ) in my way whith no way to cross it in vehicle... and on flat land you dont loose your vehicle, but it is hard to drive in this game version as your wheels got stuck constantly in the ground(sometimes every 5s), which is great when you just bypassing hole in ground - bam one of your wheels got stuck and throws you into that cave... (but that is rare )
    I thought I had enough materials with me, but I ran out of them and didn't make it. I intend to try again, but may wait until they release a next update. I'm content with having it done in 0.5.1 and know I now need better planning in the newer versions. I do find vehicles not really useful for this terrain, as you say you get stuck too often. I'm okay with getting stuck for a couple of times, but after that I just give up, then it's not fun anymore. For me, games are supposed to be fun, not endless grinds to achieve something. Once I need to rebuild a vehicle more then 10 times, it becomes a grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Streaming in few minutes, and I think everything starts again...
    See you at:
    twitch - http://twitch.tv/carlaidus
    Youtube - http://goo.gl/J3eNP3